Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I pat a REAL (duh, no pt if it's fake right? :P) PYTHON yesterday night during Family Home Evening. My "family" and I went to BYU's Animal Musuem and it is one of the coolest museums I've ever been to. There are REAL STUFFED animals, like bears and lions and squids and birds. It was amazing! And bears are ENORMOUS creatures. There was a stuffed bear that was on display and they put him standing on his hind-legs, and oh my word! I was like, if I was to ever enocunter a real bear, I wouldn't stand the slightest chance of survival man! Forget Care-bears or plush toy Bears- real bears are not in the slightest degree cute at all. Or cuddly. But you are still welcome to give me Forever Friends Bear Stuff. Hee hee!
Anyway, back to my original topic, at the musuem there was a children's, erm, talk-show going on, and being the k-po Miss Keesh I am, I stood and listened as well. So fascinating. I learnt so much abt snakes. Some interesting thing I learnt (and those not in their teens pls shut your ears... got a bit of R-rated stuff here)- did you know the fangs/ sharp teeth of a male snake is used to BITE (no kidding!) the female snake to STIMULATE them during intercourse? I'm dead serious.
And I learnt that snakes are mostly blind and the fastest snake can only travel up to 8miles/hr. The average human being can run up to 15 miles/hr, so don't fret if you see a snake! Just leave it alone and run. Besides, they can't see you. And don't believe anything in the movie Anaconda- all fake.
Back to my topic. I touched a real python! He felt... no, IT felt very... smooth! Not scaly or rough. No wonder snake skin is so precious... But I stil think the colours are very "Ah Soh" so pls don't buy me any snake-skin products. Now, a Forever Friends Bear would be nice...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home