Oh I am so angry now...
Because the stupid BYU bookstore is clearly out to cheat students of money and exploit them.
Ok, that's my anger talking (and hence all the mean Mormon terms like "stupid" and "exploit") but I think it's true.
Last semesters I only managed to sell back my English book ($10) and my history textbook ($7). I bought my history textbook for almost $70 and only sold it back for 10% of it's original value. Ok, so they were going to use a new edition which THEY OBVIOUSLY "FORGOT" TO MENTION TO US WHEN WE BOUGHT THE BOOK. I also couldn't sell back my Math Textbook and Physical Science textbook too because they too "forgot" to mention new editions were coming out.
Well, never mind. This semester, I bought all my books for almost $400 (with my OWN money). NO KIDDING. My most expensive books that I want to sell back are...
1) Statistics textbook (~$80), the upgrade stdy pack (which still has the wrapper on it... pure waste of money, ~$30) and lecture notes (only thing for Stats worth buying)
2) Math textbook- Going to sell back tomorrow. Bought it for ~$85
3) History textbook (~$60, new edition coming out as well, so doubtful that the bokstore will take it back..), History reading book (~$9)
4) Biology textbook (~$50) and I got back $40. AT LEAST I got back money from this.
Today I went to sell back my Statistics Textbook and Upgrade Study Guide, only to be told that they hd REACHED THEIR QUOTA. Reached their quota? On the 2ND day of textbook sellback? I couldn't believe it. I really wonder if the bookstore has something going on... They claim that they give back the most money to their students during textbook-sell-back week in the entire America. RUBBISH! They may give the most for each individual book, but at the rate they make it so hard for students to sell back their books, I think their claim is a load of CARP.
We'll see if the bookstore will take back my other books and if not, I'm officially calling the BYU Bookstore a student-textbook-cheating-and-exploitation-center and I'm going to find toher places to buy textbooks. Maybe eBay or something...
Friday, April 21, 2006
About Me, America and Everything-in-between. The adventures of a blur chinese Girl trying to find her way around the gigantic US of A...
About Me

- Name: Funkee Ego
- Location: United States
A very unbashful girly "female". I love clothes and objects with floral and ribbon motifs on them. I love to read and watch everything to do with artistic things. Unfortunately, I'm pretty telantless in them. Sigh...
Previous Posts
- My finals...Start tomorrow so wish me luck!!!And g...
- All the Best Elder Woo!Well well, how time flies a...
- To StacieHey Stacie, do you have any suggestions f...
- According to this...TOTALLY INACCURATE (I hope) we...
- Oh yeah! I like this one...You Are Pumpkin PieYou'...
- Ha ha! Isn't this great?!Your IQ Is 110Your Logica...
- According to my time...It's the 11th of April STIL...
- Quote of the Week...For my sisters & church friend...
- I'm Seriously Developing...An expensive new hobby-...
- To Ivy and Kokolin...Ivy: Ok Ivy, you're forgiven....


8 Comments:
hey keshia seriously u shld get a TAGBOARD. haha. so fast info transmission. but comments is good too la. can type essays but HOR[haha i noe u to use HOR to], if i just want to type jiayous keshia! also so ma fan...haha...anyways ur exams on friday USA TIME? means over la? when is it gonna be officially over? yeah jiayous!!! and yea i hate it when they change the edition of the book or worse still change a total new book tt is what happen to me this sem. and i cant sell my freaking tbs for last sem to anyone cos freaking ntu changed all the textbooks! ARGH! haha. ok back to embrace my darling tbs and notes, jiayous!
ur bookstore is just ridiculous la. byui bookstore never have this kinda rubbish. sorry im totally anti byu. ha. and book buyback u shld always go on the first day. why u go second day? and summore byu is huge. all the more shld go on the first day lo.
Clarissa, why u anti-BYU for what? I don't understand. All schools, even BYUH, are the Lord's school. Don't hate BYU-Provo. I love it here. Just becasue it's not right for you doesn't mean it's not right for me, right? And sometimes I sell my textbook on the later days cos I need my textbk to revise mah. Anyway, no hard feelings ok? So many pple ask me to convince you come over here but i refuse cos I know u r happy there. Differnt people, diff school
haha anti byu cos its too big.and i dun hate it. who says i hate it. and like im just not really happy with the way they work things la. take for example the book buy back thing. its ridiculous lo. and im not anti it just cos they rejected me. who cares if they did. im not even bothered by it. i really dun care. pple think like im upset cos i din get accepted there but seriously im not. y do pple have tat misconception. and being away from spore pple so much more relaxed. no pressure. anyways. good luck for finals.
keshia, u paid $400 for all your textbooks?!! are u kidding me? I'm science major and all my books cost at least a hundred bucks a piece but I dun buy them! I borrow from ppl who took the class b4, or buy in spore and see if someone can bring over or I go to half.com to buy!!! Dun u know thats its TONS cheaper if u buy online from websites like half.com? i buy my Classics books for 75c when my sch bookshop sells for $5-6. You pay for shipping like 3bucks but u still safe lots cos there's no tax. Pls!!! dun ever buy from your school bookstore again. I at least save 50% off my books in this way. If u order early enough, u can get the books delivered in time for class. and u can also sell your books online thru half.com and u can get a good bargain if u know how to prize properly. Dun say i never teach u to be streetsmart. Btw, i dun buy pens too. I wait till there is a job fair and all the companies come to advertise then i go around collecting free pens. and they are good ones too. I know, but i'm a poor intl student...
wah huilin...u abit the extreme larh...lol...even pens oso dun buy arh...haha...
honestly i think people are apt and quick to criticize other people and slow to recognize their own faults. I have been criticize countless times by the malaysians and singaporeans here. Sometimes i just want to walk over and tell them, "Screw you! I do not care anymore!!!!" Pardon me fr my language! :P but always do what is right and be yourself!!1
haha... din mean to sound like i'm criticizing or anything. just take it with a whole lot of sporean exaggeration, accent and humour. just wanna care for a good fren who works so hard and studies so hard.
Post a Comment
<< Home