I'm so bored but I don't want to sleep yet...
So I'm going to post a poem here. Just for the fun of typing. Yup, I'm this bo liao... Sorry to all my friends who were glad to bury literature with their past. I'm in love with poetry. At least you don't have to analyse it and write a 3-pg essay on it!
3 mins later- Ok, I wanted to type out a poem by my favourite poet, Lord Alfred Tennyson (Half a league/ Half a league, half a league onward/ All in the valley of death/ Rode the six hundred...) but they were all too long. So I'm still searching...
5 min later- still looking...
1 minlater- I realise that my collection of poetry contains a lot of love poetry. Hmmm...
Ok, I've chosen this poem. It is a funny one. By Wendy Cope. Have you heard of her? She is a contemporary humorist poet and she's a pretty good one at that.
Bloody Men (erm, pardon the slight swearing here...)
Bloody men are like bloody buses
You wait for about a year
And as soon as one approaches your stop
Two or three others appear
You look at their flashing indicators
Offering you a ride
You're trying to read the destination
You haven't much time to decide
If you make a mistake, there is no turning back
Jump off, and you'll stand there and gaze,
While the cars and the trains and the lorries go by
And the minutes, the hours, the days.
Well, I've never had such an experiance before. In fact, I don't have any man. Ok, a sad poem now.
Upon the Death of Sir Albert Morton's Wife by Sir Henry Wotton
He first deceased; she for a little tried
To live without him, liked it not, and died.
Oh this next one is so... so... bittersweet.
Sie Liebten Sich Beide Doch Keiner by Heinrich Heine, translated by Aaron Krumer
They were in love, but neither
Would let the other know;
And while they were dying of passion,
Hatred was all they'd show.
They parted at last, and only,
In dream did their love live on.
Long ago they perished,
And scarecely knew they were gone.
These are not my favourite but these are some that stood out to me just now. And now my wonderful friends who have been so patient in putting up with my poetry and whimsical urge to write, no, type poetry, here's one to you!
All Through the Night by Anonymous
Sleep my love, and peace attend thee,
All through the night;
Guardian angels God will lend thee,
All through the night;
Soft and drowsy hours are creepin'
Love alone his watch is keeping-
All through the night.
Good night!
Sunday, February 05, 2006
About Me, America and Everything-in-between. The adventures of a blur chinese Girl trying to find her way around the gigantic US of A...
About Me

- Name: Funkee Ego
- Location: United States
A very unbashful girly "female". I love clothes and objects with floral and ribbon motifs on them. I love to read and watch everything to do with artistic things. Unfortunately, I'm pretty telantless in them. Sigh...
Previous Posts
- My floor decorated paper bags today...To paste on ...
- I went to renew my passport today...NOT US$97 but ...
- Inefficient Service...Drives me nuts! I tell you, ...
- I MET MARK CHAY!!!Ok, for those who didn't know th...
- SNACKING...Is so evil but heck! I'm snacking on Ca...
- Interesting thought...Today for Devotional, Elder ...
- I pat a REAL (duh, no pt if it's fake right? :P) P...
- And btw, does anyone know how to attacha tagboard...
- Ok, Clarissa told me dat on blogger I can attach a...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home