Thursday, May 31, 2007

25 May 2007, Friday!!!

We left about 7.30am (not too bad... we were aiming for 7am and we actually left only 1/2 an hour late!). Poor Sharn- she drove all the way through the boring Utah landscape all the way to Grand Junction (about 3.5 hours away) while the 3 of us slept... that's power! And my favourite part of the loooooonnnnnnnggggggggg 8 hour drive? Stopping at STARBUCKS to smell the coffee (I don't like the smell but I miss it... weird huh? I think because it reminds me of the smell of the malls at home) and buy a strawberry & creme blend. Yummy!

And please clap for Ashley Soh because she practically slept the entire time there- while the rest of us were trying to keep each other awake and find our way there. And please clap for her again because she had no idea where even the general direction of the Denver Temple was, although she has been to Denver "4 more times than we have" (quoting Sharn). *sigh sigh* We still love having Ashley there, right?!

Denver- larger than Salt Lake City (thank goodness! I desperately wanted to go to a city again), but just as "White". Hmm... We reached Denver about 3.30, and started walking along 16th Street and randomly stopped at shops to buy stuff (e.g. I stopped at Walgreen to buy iron pills- how random can you get?!). And let's clap for Ashley once again because she stopped at Anne Taylor Loft and bought a gorgeous dress (i.e. did some serious shopping) while the rest of us waited for her to be done. At least our efforts weren't in vain because she did buy a dress which looked really good on her.

By the time Ashley got done shopping, I was STARVING. Walking around, trying to find an affordable place to eat and getting desperate, we randomly picked this ghetto-looking cheap Italian place called Buca di Beppo to eat.
OH
BOY!
Were we so so so wrong.
The outside was so deceiving. It hid a huge interior filled a large kitchen and a HUGE basement that easily holds a hundred people.

And the food- OH MY WORD!
1) Authentic and delicious Italian food- 'nuff said.
2) Healthy- EVOO!
3) The portions was unashamedly gigantic- the waitress told us that the "small" was meant for 2-3 people. *fainz*

We ordered the Bruschetta for appetizers, and the Shrimp & Scallops Fra Diavolo and Quattro Al Forno for our main course. I'm so glad Ashley doesn't eat seafood, because the Shrimp & Scallop dish was just melt-in-your-mouth (so more to eat between the remaining 3 of us). And the Bruschetta- it was my 1st time trying it and I am a BIG fan now. And because the plates were meant to be shared, the cost didn't come up to much. So now I can say I ate good food at Denver for only $10!!! Ha ha ha!

Then we drove to Colorado Springs where Amy (Ashley's sister) lives with her husband Ellory and their 3 cute cute cute children!!! :):):) Alora (6), Jarom (4) and Lleyton (2). I MISS THEM!!! Aunty Lily was also there because she was helping Amy take care of the other 3 while waiting for the 4th child to come.

We relaxed at their house and the other 3 somehow dug up some brain power to play Settlers of Katon, which Ashley promptly won (I think she was the only one with enough brain power left, having slept in the car most of the ride here...).

Then off to a GOOD night's sleep- it was so great! I have not slept for so many hours for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home