Saturday, May 12, 2007

I DID IT!!!

I know how to ride a bike!!!

Nancy and Ruth brought me to a church parking lot (hmm.. sounds like I'm learning to drive!) and I hopped on, started paddling and ta da! It helped that Nancy had tried teaching me 2 other times as well, so it all added up and helped me today.

I can't describe the feeling- it just felt GREAT!

Well, other than the time I was going downhill and I forgot the thing called "brakes", so I crashed into the curb and fell over. I could either laugh or cry, so I picked laugh. Not much of choice huh?! Anyway, I didn't repeat that (thank goodness!) but I did recieve a small cut on my knee and a few bruises. My "bike-learning" scars. Ha ha!

I still have issues riding in a perfect straight line, but at least I can ride it for a decent distance. I also have huge confidence issues (riding on the road next to cars is NERVE-RACKING) that I need to overcome. And more practice, practice, practice.

Man, it feels so good to tick that off my list of "Things to do for my mission".

Nancy- you are THE BEST bicycle teacher. Thank you!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5/12/2007 3:18 PM, Blogger joycey said...

chey..bicycle ah..at first i thought motorbike ah..

 
At 5/12/2007 3:19 PM, Blogger joycey said...

miss my comment or not? long time never come read liao..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home