Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I have never felt more humiliated in my life!

I know everyone sooner or later has to go through it, but man! It was horrible.
Heads up to Rae and Ash, you guys need to read this because this will prepare you.

I went to the Health Center yesterday morning to get a TB test that was suppose to take 10 mins. However, the nurse found out that I had already taken the tests, so all I needed to do was take a chest X-ray and have a blood and urine sample.
Uh, hello?! I went in thinking I could be out in 10 mins, and suddenly I had to spend about an hour there taking all these tests. If you couldn't tell, I was totally caught by surprise and I was unprepared for all the tests that had to be done. Such as the urine sample. Gee, how easy right, just urinate into a cup?

N-O-NO! I mean, yes, just urinate into a cup, but it's so... so... gross to aim into the cup, there are instructions you need to follow about, erm, wiping your private part first, and I wasn't expecting to do this at all. So, being brought up this way, I had gone to the loo before I left home and I arrived at the health clinic with quite an empty bladder. I had no idea what to do! The instructions said that you should let your urine "flow" for awhile so as to get rid of surface bacteria, but I didn't even have enough urine lah- wah liao eh! And doing it just made me feel really disgusting and humiliated. URGH!

Moral of the story: Before ANY medical check-up, don't go to the bathroom. You never know what sample they might impulsively need...

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5/02/2007 7:40 PM, Blogger 6 girls 1 guy said...

haha...i went for urine test twice but was nvr told by any nurse here abt wiping the private part...lolx..


shiya

 
At 5/02/2007 10:07 PM, Blogger rae said...

AHHAAHHAHAH!!!!!! okay sorry but that entry was really quite hilarious :D

thanks for the heads-up keesh. haha. i had no idea i had to do a urine test. ack

 
At 5/03/2007 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey keshia lai shu-hui
i tried before urine test
i agree sucks totallly
leh
i totally cant aim too and it gets so damn yucky when u cant aim....

and haha yes they make me DRINK AND DRINK lots of water tt time toooooo!

 
At 5/04/2007 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok a bit the too much info rite. omg! anyways. ur health center is horrible (no offense) la. seriously. when i went in for mine, they told me b4 hand wat they were gg to do and like even email me a list of things to do and bring lo. tats y i was prepared. and urine test only ar. sg never do b4 meh?

 
At 5/04/2007 10:04 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Clarissa: I completely agree that the Health Center should have informed me abt the urine smaple and the blod tests... stupid lah! But the rest of the process was ok.
And yah, my 1st time take urine sample. S'pore I don't have need to mah... did you ever take it in S'pore?

 
At 5/31/2007 5:18 AM, Blogger jermaine said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home