Thursday, April 26, 2007

:)

My room-mate, Kristi Perkins, got engaged last night!~

Isn't that exciting? I'm so so so happy for them. They plan to get married sometime in August when their internships for the summer are over.
Story: Jason brought Kristi to Thai Ruby (this Thai restaurant right next to my apartment complex) for dinner. First thing that went wrong- the waiter brought out THE plate before the dinner. Well, Jason calmly told them to bring it back.
...
After dinner, Jason handed his camera to another couple next to their table and told them to take pictures. Second thing that went wrong- the man who was suppose to capture the special event asked, "What am I suppose to take?" Fortunately he caught on and started taking them. His wife started tearing up and exclaimed, "I could be part of history!" Hee hee!
Then the waiter brought the plate of 3 tulips, a small flower card and A BOX out again. Kristi read the card and written on it was "Will you marry me? Love, your one true love" to which she replied "Yes!" of course!
Then she opened the box and there was

nothing.

The next thing she knew, he was down on one knee and slipping the ring through her finger. YIPEE! Then he asked her again and she replied "yes" again. *swoon* Anyway, may I say that this was not a "Marcus Khong proposal", because even though I'm sure Jason has a voice 10x better than Marcus (Jason's in the BYU Men's Chorus), he did not sing and embarress her in front of everyone.

That girl is crazy over him and she wanted to marry him badly, but she knew that he's a slow mover so she wasn't expecting him to propose to her last night. And he is crazy over her as well. They make such a cute couple. I'm so darn happy for them!

:(

Kim, my favorite room-mate, left this morning. I took her leaving especially hard, probably because we were very close and when the rest of our room-mates were out dating, she was my "date" on many weekend nights.
Kenzie (McKenzie) is at the Grand Canyon hiking, and when she gets back, she'll be moving immediately to another apartment.
Cari has moved out.
Kristi is leaving this Saturday.
Heather is going home once Havalah's wedding is over.
Havalah is getting married.
Joycey/ onni is no more working at TS with me. And many other co-workers have left for the summer already.
Tim got promoted so he won't be working at the store anymore. He's the new financial secretary of the Cougareat and he's going to be great, but that's one less close co-worker.
Nancy is... I know where but it's complicated.
Letisha is going home to get ready to serve a mission.
Clarissa is already home, so there's nothing to look forward to this next Memorial Day weekend.

WHY? WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO GO AND LEAVE ME HERE?

I sound like some pathetic self-centered brat, but I really hate to see everyone leave. I love them, and separating is just emotionally hard on me.
My Singaporean friends will all be here (HOORAY! THANK GOODNESS!). But a lot of my close American friends will be gone and I hate that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home