I love these 2 people to death! I was so so so so happy to be able to attend their wedding. However I tell you, I've probably never attended a wedding where I've encountered so many "almosts" that have prevented me from going!
I was invited to their invited-guests-only luncheon (yeah, very honoured.. hee hee!) held after their temple sealing in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building (YES I'm dead serious- it was GREAT!), and I wanted to go soooooooo badly. I almost didn't make it because of Women's Conference but I'm so glad I took work off. Yeah yeah! It was worth the sacrifice of $...
Tim drove me up there and we almost didn't make it up there at all because of BAD traffic. I heard a joke today that I think is so true!- a bad traffic jam caused by an accident is usually not due to the accident itself but because so many people slow down to k-po and look at the accident. Wah so true! Don't you ever think it's so weird that after you pass by the accident, traffic suddenly flows again? Hmm...
Anyway, we arrived there very late... like, er, 45 mins late? We walked in as they were serving DESSERT. Urgh! But whatever, we still made it! The food was heavenly, the atmosphere serene and beautiful, and I got to see many of my American friends again like Heather, Jamie and Cameron.
Here's a very sad part though- the gift that I bought for Hav and Brigg and had shipped to me almost got to me on time. When I bought the gift on Sunday, they said that it would take 1-2 days to ship. I forgot that it takes 1-2 days to ship, but 3-5 days to process. Die! If I had known, I would have expedited the shipping or something.
I hoped and hoped that it would get to me before I left to go up. Didn't happen.
I got home after the reception, and guess what note was on my door? A note from the store (FYI- Target) telling me the gift had reached me just a mere few hours AFTER I left. WAHHHHHHH!!! Pek chek like crazy ah me! No big deal, I can always give it to them later but I really wanted to bring it with me, and it was the perfect gift for them somemore. URGH!
Well, other than all the "almosts" it was wonderful! Heather was flirting with all the single guys (as usual), the food was delicious (the cheesecake was seriously to die for), the company (especially with a certain someone) was splendid, and it was obvious to everyone that the bride and groom were madly in love. It's so weird to believe that they are MARRIED now though... Have's younger than me and married, and I'm... single and leaving on a mission soon. Gee!
I hadn't plan on attending the reception held after the luncheon because I didn't know if Tim felt comfortable, but it was so much fun, we ended up going to the reception too. He is such a good sport!
Congratulations to the married couple, and see you 2 soon after your honeymoon for a week and a half in San Diego! I love you two!

Sadly, that's the only picture I have taken at the wedding. Ironic huh that I didn't have one taken with Brigg and Hav? Ha ha! That's Heather, me and Jamie.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home