You know you have good home teachers when...
- They smile and genuinely seem please to be able to visit
- They bake cookies for your apartment, not the other way round
- They go the extra mile to get their butts off the couch, open your cupboard and fridge to get cups and milk respectively so that you and your room-mates can dip the cookies in
- They put the milk back in the fridge
- They check the time and make sure they don't go over 45mins
- They ask each girl what they like to do/ hobbies/ interests
- They look up the ward directory and MEMORIZE where you and your room-mates are from and your majors
I think this set of home teachers (Troy Richey & Garret Poppitz) is going to be GREAT!
You know there is some serious gender ratio imbalance when...
There are literally only 27 males to the 61 females in the ward
You know it couldn't have been planned when...
You're FHE mom is your room-mate (Tyla), and your FHE dad happens to be her fiance (Joey).
Plus there is another engaged couple in your family (gee wow! They put them in the same family?).
But I love my FHE family and I'm so glad that Tyla and Joey are my "parents".
You know you've had a great time being in a student ward...
When you think about going home and have very mixed feelings about going back to a family ward. I can't wait to see and play with the kids again, but I shudder at the thought of hearing crying babies and playing children noises during sacrament meetings again...
Labels: BYU Student Wards experience


4 Comments:
Keshia, I'm so happy to hear that you love it so much in your ward that you have mixed feelings about going home...even if it is only because of the crying children in sacrament meeting! We're so glad you're here and we will certainly miss you when you're gone!
This comment has been removed by the author.
keshia lai! haha- i havent been reading blogs for a while (busy lah and i only religiously read blogs when i'm busy and have no time)but woah! your life is still so happening ^^ how many weddings have u attended in 2 years ah?
and the urine sample thing was hilarious!! i did it b4 when i was entering NUS- they want u to do a full body check-up to make sure u are not going to infect the professors with some infectious disease- and yeah- its really had to aim man! hahahaha
i misssss you!!! and i just realised that u will be back in 20 odd days!
Jerm: I know! I can't wait to go back! I have less than one month- woo hoo! Hiyoh, and no lah, not many weddings but enough to know why they call BYU a Marriage Mart. I'm collecting all the invitations I've been invited too, and it's quite a few! And I have to say that American wedding invitations very nice one.
Post a Comment
<< Home