Now we come to the really pretty part of the trip.
We went to the Air Force Academy (AFA) and made it just in the nick of time. We arrived at the Visitor's Center just a mere 1/2 hour before closing. Phew!
AND I WAS COMPLETELY BOWLED OVER. IT'S FREAKING GORGEOUS!
Can I help the AFA boast about their grounds/ campus?
It's GIGANTIC.
I mean, there's a building specially for visitors with aeroplane exhibits, a 14 minute film about the AFA and a large souvenir selection.
Driving round the campus, we drove and drove and drove some-more. Wah lau eh, like never ending.
There are 2 entrances- the South and the North. According to the map, it's 4 miles from the North Gate to the Visitor's Center and 8 miles from the Visitor's Center to the South gate. BYU is only 2 miles round. BYU is tiny compared to the AFA!
The campus is ON the mountain itself, and Colorado mountains in
The guys there (or at least the 2 we drove by) were rather cute... :p
The picture on the right is half the campus by the way. Isn't it simply gorgeous?!
Can you blame me if I support the AFA?
Ha ha!
No, I will support BYU when the time comes to play against AFA (duh!). Go Cougars! Eat up the Falcons! (hmm.. about mean huh?) Plus I'm very pround to say that our LaVell Edwards Stadium is so much nicer and bigger than the Falcon Stadium- yeah yeah!

But I'm such a big fan of the AFA now that I pleaded to come back on Monday to buy a t-shirt.
P.S. Being at the AFA reminded me of Ben (for obvious reasons). But nothing about the past. Instead, it reminded me of how he and Zach were at Westpoint and training for the Army. Now I want to visit the Navy Academy and Westpoint SO BADLY now. If the AFA is so pretty and huge, I can't imagine how Westpoint (the original) one must be like...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home