Monday, February 13, 2006

FREAKY...

Freaky Fact 1: My room-mate just told me that I SLEPT-WALKED Sat night/ Sun Morn.
I am freaked out now. She told me that was my first time I ever did it here but still...
What I did: I just sat up, walked over to get this bouquet of flowers I had bought for someone, took it over to my room-mate's bed and offered them to her. My room-mate tried to push me gently and finally went, "Keshia! Go back to bed!" to which I obediantly put back the flowers and crawled back into bed.
Ah! Now that explains why the purple Montecassinoes (or however you spell it) died. They were probably freaked out by my sleep-walking. At least my brave orange gerbera still survived... (*wink* Stacie)

Freaky Fact 2: Donating blood is pretty freaky considering I witnessed one "passed out" today and heard that two of my floor-mates did so as well.
I tried to donate blood today but they said my iron level was 1% short of the requirement. Yes! Ok, that sounds really selfish but I had witnessed the "passing out" before the medical check-up and of course, it added extra "nervousness" to my already-tense nerves. So on one hand I wanted to donate blood because hey! I'm pretty sure in the future sometime I will need blood and will be eternally grateful to those who unselfishly donated blood. But on the other hand, I was also wishing that something would happen that wouldn't allow me to donate, so erm, I got my wish! Don't say I didn't try...
Here's the story about the pasing out. I was waiting for my doctor's medical check-up and I saw this girl walk to her friend and sit next to her. She had already finished finish donating blood and was trying to help her frined I guess. I turned back and waited (for the doctor to call me)...

And waited...

And waited...

And BOOM! It was so loud! I turned around and there I saw the girl on the floor, passed out. The medics rushed to save her and she was revived a couple of minutes later. I was FREAKED OUT! And then during my medical check-up, I overheard another student ask if this was common and the nurse was like, "Yeah, it doesn't always happen but we've seen enough cases." I started wishing...

And then one of my floor-mates fainted when they pricked her finger because she didn't eat before the donation. But that was a few months ago and she came prepared this time. However, this time ANOTHER floor-mate fainted. She was fine and managed to donate blood but when she walked over to get a snack, my other friend asked her if she was feeling ok because she was pale.

"Yes, I feel gooooo..." and she just passed out there. And her eyes were OPEN the entire time. Aargh! Now that beats my sleep-walking in terms of freaky-ness! But she's fine now and I'm just glad for her.

But my greatest fear is still INSECTS. I think butterflies are so pretty but even then I'm not exactly thrilled over them. Alright, I need to go make valentines now. Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

4 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohdear. sleep walking is so no good la. alamak. i was jus learning in psychology that tat onli happens in children la. i tell u ar. if it happens again. betta go see doc or sumtink. haha. and giving blood is like tat la.. i cannot give blood so i can talk bout it and not freak out. haha. seen pple faint b4 so normal. haha. get used to it babe!

 
At 2/14/2006 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, i've oso seen pple faint b4 when i was helping out at the blood donation event in poly...yup, it's kind of scary...and haf known u for so long, didn't noe u wil sleep walk too..too stress over sch work? take care gal..btw, i noe is abit too late but still wanna wish u Happy Valentine's Day!! =P

 
At 2/16/2006 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keshia, most of the purple flowers came back alive! No worries, you must not have scared them too badly. By the way, I didn't know you had a website, I'll check it more often.

 
At 2/27/2006 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes insects! errrhh.. my greatest fear too manz..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home