
Happy Early Birthday to Joyce Lim! She invited me, Justin and a few other close friends to her sort-of birthday party. We drove down to Salt Lake/ West Valley and ate HOT POT! Yummy! I was just lapping it all up... even the pig's intestines and bamboo shoots. Yup, I'm a HUGE Asian food fan. And to those who don't know what Hot Pot is, it is under the big heading call "Steam Boat" and basically, we Asians (particularly the Chinese) will boil broth/ soup and throw all kinds of food (chinese cabbage, chicken, GIANT prawns/ shrimp, noodles, etc) into the broth and cook them in there. We will then use speical mini-"nets" to fish out whatever we want to eat.
Just look at that!!! Mmm... The clearer one was the non-spicy one and the one at the far end is the spicy one. Oh man! It WAS spicy... but I dipped all the "fished out" spicy food in the seseme oil and it tasted so good. I'm so unhealthy...
We had PRAWNS. Prawns, prawns, prawns. Sooooo good. And so much other stuff. Let's test my memory.. what other things did I eat?
There was meat- chicken, beef, fish (yes! Never thought I would ever miss eating fish), pork. There was pig's intestine (to which the girls, except me, all went "Eeee!"), pig's brain (which we ALL rejected), the artificial crabmeat and PRAWNS. Mushrooms were the all time favouraite I think (even in Singapore they were) and the Hot Pot went well even with American mushrooms. For veggies, there was chinese cabbage and lettuce, bamboo shotts, more mushrooms and, er... I just realized that we didn't eat a lot of veggies. Heck! We were there to enjoy, not watch our diet. And we also cooked chinese noodles (tun hoon) and had a complimentary dish of FRIED TOFU. WE LOVED IT! Yes, Tofu. I know Americans HATE it but we Asians LOVE tofu. So nice!
Anyway, just a few more pics for your update and enjoyment...

This is pretty small but sorry, blogger wouldn't let me upload largr size pics. That's all of us who went to SL/ West Valley. Behind standing L-R: Rachel, Ashley, Joyce's Taiwanese friend Heidi (who is very nice btw), Melissa (Melly) and Daniel. Sitting down L-R: Joyce, Justin (her fiance soon-to-be-husband), Me and Angela Chau. yup, those in home church Stake would recognize Angela Chau. She is super nice and doing well.. still going for Judo lessons.
Me, Birthday Girl and Rachel. That's the flower me and Rachel gave Joyce. Urgh my eye-liner is smudging!
And...
Random picture!!! Justin stuck his face in. My shoe is the purple stripey-one with the black bow. I bought here from Payless for only $5 last year! And there was an acompanying matching $10 handbag. Err... don't tell my Mom though! She thinks I have too many shoes and am wasting my money. I've already told myself I am not going to buy anymore shoes for a loooong time because my mom does have a point and I am dead broke now.


1 Comments:
im craving for the fried tofu at sakae sushi now...anw u noe they changed their name to "dining @ sakae" all the new outlets tt sprang up from a certain period onwards are named the new name..
Post a Comment
<< Home