Tuesday, February 14, 2006

So Romantic!!!

Gals, you are not going to believe what Justin Chia did for Joyce Lim! He wrote in to the Daily Universe (BYU's newspaper) and posted a short poem to the "love of my life and wife-to-be- Joyce Lim". So sweet right??? Aww...
Unfortunately, Joyce doesn't read the Daily Universe so LUCKILY for her (and for him) I accidentally stumbled upon his poem and message while reading the newpaper. I just gasped when I saw it! That's really sweet of him to do so.
Anyway, I was pretty surprise that the atmosphere in BYU wasn't exactly Valentine-Day-Romatic-y., especially considering that BYU is also unpleasantly known as the Marriage Mart. For example, I didn't witness any proposals.
I saw a lot of ladies (and men) carrying bouquets of flowers around, the number was way lesser than I thought it would be. Maybe it's because the prices of flowers our Campus florist shop, Campus Craft and Floral, is heavily inflated. Or maybe flowers on Valentine's Day are just plain expensive, period. Well, the school was certainly NOT awashed in floral scent and thank goodness for that! I would have died from sneezing and jealousy.
Also, for devotional today, the topic was on LOVE. Yes, LOVE which of course fits in very well into Valentine's Day. But the topic wasn't on DATING or MARRAIGE. Oh no, it was on LOVE FOR OURSELVES AND LVOE FOR OTHERS and of course, GOD'S ENDLESS LOVE FOR US. The devotional was by Sis Cheryl Lant, General Primary President. It was a wonderful talk and the Spirit was there but like I said, that didn't add to the romantic atmosphere.
Just an observation of mine. But let me tell you what I think really killed the atmosphere- HOMEWORK and MID-TERMS. I still have to study for a biology test tomorrow and do my statistics homework. And do my history reading... paper due next week. And my countless number of math homework. And read my scriptures. Sigh... Which means I have to go now because I just reminded myself that I have loads of homework to do!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! And HAPPY SINGLE AWARENESS DAY everyone!

1 Comments:

At 2/14/2006 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u r not the onli one piled up with work man! *high five* i got so much to do im dying la. i dun have enuff sleep everynight anymore can? i wake up late for classes all the time la. which is so bad. and i have a stupid essay tat is due for english on thurs. and i realli dunno wat to write la. keesh im dying! i was just complaining to my mother jsut now how i hate this semester like crazy. i mean i was tinking also. its onli freshman 2nd sem leh. can u imagine jun or sen yr? i can just bout drop dead on the floor and die now la. gosh. i realli hate this kinda feeling la. ugh ugh ugh.! and my vday was spent doing work. there was a stake dance. but i decided to skip it. i mean wats the point of gg to a dance full of pple pairing up. ugh. jsut makes me wanna puke. my room mates and i have this quote which we totally go bleahx at it. "when the girl of ur dreams becomes the love of ur life" pui. how sick is tat la. stop stop stop! so cliche dun u tink. it was from an ad we saw in the papers. sick man. haha. and we see it everyweek. yuck yuck.. haha. ohwells. wah my comment so long. talk to ya soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home