Tuesday, March 14, 2006

My weekend trip to Rexburg, Idaho...


was TONS of fun! Alrigth, I know, it's retarded to write a post about my trip 2 days after I've returned but I've been sooo busy lately I haven't had time to write and blog much, so this actually took 3 days to write. This is gonna be a long post so I'm gonna divide this into two. This one is gonna be about what we did, and the next one is gonna be full of pictures.

Day 1 (Friday): Left Provo, Utah at around 5pm. Traffic was BAD!!! What was initally suppose to be a 4hr drive up north turned into a 5+hr long road trip up there and by the time we got to Rexburg, my poor driver was going to vomit from driving. I arrived there to find a poor worried Clarissa and a pot of food waiting for me. She had cooked for me! How sweet!
Anway, I met her room-mate and then went to bed at around 2am, DEAD tired.

Day 2 (Saturday): Woke up refreshed and ready for the day at 10am. Mmm... Baked brownies and toured the Idaho campus. It's definitely smaller than the Provo one but BYU-I has lesser students so the I think that size is just right for them. Erm, if we were to go acording to proportion, I wonder how big BYU-H is... Chris, how big is BYU-H? Or should I say, how small is it?

Anyway, we came back and went to visit Clarissa's Hall Head Residence and her (the Head resident's... duh!) son. Everett is sooooo CUTE! After visiting them, me, Clarissa and Anna went to eat at FOng's, a chinese place that serves ENORMOUS plates of chinese food. I thought it was good. Well, I miss chinese food so much so I guess any type of chinese food is good. And then we went to Deseret Industries (D.I.) and Walmart. BAD BAD BAD idea. Being the shopaholic I am, I disobeyed the commandment "Thou shalt not go shopping when you are a poor college student". I sinned and so at D.I., I bought a blue undertee for $4 (cheap right?) and a black dress. Yes, a little black dress (L.B.D.) even though I already have one. Why I need another L.B.D. I have no idea but I'm sure I'll come up with some reason. I mean, it only cost me $6!!! Couldn't resist such a steal. And then at Wal-marty, I bought a DVD for $5.50 and easter egg deco for Jenny's children($2). So tah dah! I spent less than $20!!! Which is still breaking my budget (my budget was $0.00) but heck! I'll just not spend anymore till my next paycheck comes in (which is this Friday. )

After that, I went home and I just zonked out. So tired. But after a nap, Clarissa and I went to watch the BYU-I Contemporary Dance Theatre concert. It was pretty good. Grr... I can again feel my jealousy of their talent rising...

And the day didn't end there. We came home and I went to watch a Korean movie, called either Lure of the Wolf or Romance of their Own. So nice! Clarissa, I still think the not Tae-Seung guy is better. It's just my taste. I prefer the "dark" type of guys. Hee hee! It's about this girl (who I still think is nto very pretty up till now) who has two rival gangster leaders who love her ad are courting her. The catch- one of them is her half-brother. And as all Korean dramas go, one of them dies... sigh... I really hate sad shows.

Day 3 (Sunday): Went to church. Came back, ate lunch and then bye bye! *Sniff* A short but fun trip! It was way fun. Thanks Clarissa for the wonderful memories!

Some things you might be interested in knowing:

1) It was FREAKING FREEZING!!! Aargh! I officially dislike winter now. The temperature was unbelievably cold.

2) I met a cute guy!!! Yeah! His name is Gideon and he's an RM. Ah... BUT NOTHING happened. In fact, I've forgotten how he looks like... Clarissa, do you have his pic? Send to me so I can refresh my memory! Ha ha ha! J/K!!!

3 Comments:

At 3/15/2006 12:17 AM, Blogger Oriental Lass said...

Wahhh Keshia.... Your trip is indeed fun!!! I want to do it too, but first money ahh. Well BYU-H? It is very small!!! People say it is almost like a high school... I walk around campus, seeing the same guy for the 5th time in a day. hahahaha

 
At 3/15/2006 8:31 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Hey Chris, small sch= more home-y atmosphere. Hope you can make more friends there! you MUST save up and come down here this Christmas and maybe Miss Chen will also come here and WHAT A BLAST WE'LL HAVE!!!

 
At 3/23/2006 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm does RM mean malaysian? if not what does it mean den? ivy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home