Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Jane Austen's Emma...

Is simply delightful! I just love Jane Austen, especially her heroines because they are just unique and strong women who are not afraid to be different from women of their time. They are headstrong, independent and they speak their mind.

Elizabeth Bennett of Pride and Prejudice will always be my favourite, and Pride and Prejudice will always be my favourite Austen novel, but Emma is pretty good as well.

Anyway, why this sudden post about Emma and Jane Austen? Because I went to watch the film Emma last Friday at the International Cinema. Err, I know- a bit retarded to write about the film now but I've been so busy lately that I didn't have time to surf the net for nice pictures. Ok, I still don't have time but I'm deluding myself into thinking that I have by refusing to look at the clock and see what time it is. I know I will regret this tonight and for the restore of the week but heck!

Emma is about Emma Woodhouse, a relatively wealthy single 21-year old woman who successfully match-maked her governess and hence, decides to self-appoint herself to be the matchmaker of a new girl who comes into town, Harriet Smith. A comedy of errors soon ensues. It's funny (high comedy, not slapstick mind you) and witty and it was well acted out.

But the highlight of the movie is undoubtedly Mr Knightly, played by Jeremy Northam. Oh my word! He is HOT! Yup, he's the man shooting the arrow below. Ok, I admit- he's old (in the movie he's suppose to be Emma's senior by 16years!!! Yikes! In real life, he's older! *Faints*) and there's not a lot of flattering pictures of him (hence this "side-profile" pic) but oh man, if you had seen the movie you would have agreed that this Mr Knightly is one HOT guy.

Ewan McGregor also acted in this film but he looked TERRIBLE! Hence, my refusal to post a pic of him.


And of course, as all Austen movies go- it's HAPPILY EVER AFTER! Emma finally realizes that the right guy all along for her was the-guy-right-in-front-of-her-nose, Mr Knightly. Yeah!

Ok, I just stole a glance at my clock and darn it! I really need to go back.

But before I go, my list of hot guys now include Ewan McGregor (despite him looking so bad in Emma), Christian Bale and Jeremey Northam specifically in Emma. And the list continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home