Andrew is finally back from his jungle...
And he FINALLY opened his mission call. Yeah! By the way, the 1st half of my post is specially for Christina because she gets most of her news updates through me. Wanna hear the whole saga behind Anderew's mission call? (Jerm and the rest can shut off since I'm sure they know already but Chris, this is funny!) Sis Rita was so worried that Andrew would be called to serve the Singapore Misison to "replace" Nathaniel Woo that when Shintaro got his mission call, Sis Rita personally called him up and asked him where he was going. He replied he was going to serve in Japan (I'm excited for him!) and so, no, he wasn't "replacing' Elder Nat Woo. Uh oh! She was soooo worried. Sis Rita then personally called up President Chen (who knows all the mission calls) and told him NOT to tell anyone where Andrew was served. They wanted to wait till Andrew got back rorm his jungle before they opened it. He was away having NS training somewhere in... I don't even know lah. Some jungle.
And the funny thing was that Bro Woo locked it up (this is true! A reliable source very close to me told me this) not because he was afraid that Sis Rita would peek in, but because he was afraid that HE himself would be tempted to look inside for his son's mission call. Gee! Even Bro Woo couldn't wait.
And by the time Andrew FINALLY returned, Shu Jian also got his mission call.
Before I announce where they are serving, guess what type of mission they are serving?
Answer: Chinese speaking lah! (Ha ha! ok, that was corny) BOTH of them. Good luck to Andrew.
And where are they serving?
Answer: The perfectly amiable (uh oh! Too much Austen) and kind-hearted Shu Jian is going to serve in Sydney, Australia!!! Hmm.. I wonder if Shu Jian opened his call 1st and if Sis Rita called him up as well to interrogate him if he was serving in Singapore. If she did, I bet she just freaked out when she heard he was serving in Sydney. I know a few RMs from Sydney mission... they loved it so I'm sure Shu Jian will love it as well.
And now to Andrew. He is serving in the Chinese speaking DALLAS TEXAS MISSION!!!
Yeah!
And this is what my close source also told me- Did you know that when Andrew submitted in his papers, he didn't write that he could speak Chinese?! Hello Andrew Woo?! What were you thinking??? This just goes to show that you can't hide anything from the Lord.
Ok, here's the 2nd half for EVERYONE.
I woke up this morning feeling extremely tired, having had only about 5 hours of sleep. I sat up on my bed and the only thing running through my head was "Should I go? Should I not go? Should I go? Should I not go?...". I was debating whether to go for Math class or skip it.
And then what should interrupt my thoughts but the words "Choose the right, when the choice is placed before you..." Yes, this hymn suddenly popped into my head. Aargh! I guess that was God's answer to me to GO TO CLASS. *Sigh* I obediantly dragged myself out of bed and went to class. I guess it was good I went since we went through integration today and it was a good refresher course for me.
Now I wonder what I would have done if the hymn line that popped my head was "I have work enough to do..."
P.S. The hymn "I Have Work Enough to Do" is really NOT about drowning in work, it's about telling ourselves we have more than enough good works to do and it will never stop.
Friday, March 03, 2006
About Me, America and Everything-in-between. The adventures of a blur chinese Girl trying to find her way around the gigantic US of A...
About Me

- Name: Funkee Ego
- Location: United States
A very unbashful girly "female". I love clothes and objects with floral and ribbon motifs on them. I love to read and watch everything to do with artistic things. Unfortunately, I'm pretty telantless in them. Sigh...
Previous Posts
- The Importance of Dressing Well...I had my 1st Sta...
- Letter from God...Ok, this letter was suppose to h...
- Jane Austen's Emma... Is simply delightful! I just...
- Guys can be quite dumb sometimes...I had Stake Con...
- I'm sure not doing this anytime soon...Guess what ...
- Ok, this isn't something to boast about but...I DI...
- About Me...jerm and Clarissa, sorry. I'm too lazy ...
- Counting Down...3 papers to hand in on Thursday - ...
- Wedding Bells!Weddings are always very nice events...
- To Jenny: Why the Flowers Died...Look under the po...


5 Comments:
Keshia you are so funny... hahaha i like the hymn hahaha and as for sister rita, gosh i miss her humour. she is wicked funny.
yup, Sis Rita and her, er, interesting character... but we all know that deep down inside she has a kind heart and good character. I think she is a great strength to the Singapore Stake. Just don't make me her future daughter-in-law. she has too high expectations. ha ha!
:0) u ppl are going to be SOOO jealous!! we are going to have chocolate and cheese fondue at sis rita's this friday!!!!!!!! YEY~!!!
aiyah, then i read about your dessert! NOW i am jealous of u! hahaha
and HI christina!!! i kept wondering who oriental lass is! (sorry, am a bit slow)
hahaha its ok Jerm! I am so jealous, I havent had chocolate fondue for a LONG time now.......
Hey Jerm! you are right Ala Moana is a VERY large mall. :P I like it there :D
Post a Comment
<< Home