I'm on emotional overload now so forgive me if I'm very serious and depressed now.
10) The sun is setting earlier. During the peak of summer, the sun sets at 9pm. Now it's setting at 8pm.
9) The temperature is hovering in the 80s and 70s now. Utah went over 100s for a few weeks, and that's even hotter than Singapore! Unbelievable but true.
8) It's almost a year since I came here. On the 23rd, that's my 1st anniversary to arriving in good ol' USA. Chris, can you believe it that you've been away from home for longer than a year already?
7) I just bought my textbooks for Fall semester online, and I'm going to buy more books on Mon from the bookstore. Btw, textbooks are WAY WAY WAY overpriced. We should begin a protest! I hate it esp. when they change editions- urgh!
6) Education week is next week (and I'm so darn excited to be busy for work again!) (22-25 Aug)
5) New Student Orientation (for the Freshman... gee! I'm out of the "Freshman" phase and officially a Sophmore-soon-to-be-Junior now!) is the week after that (30 Aug- 2 Sept)
4) School starts the week after New Student Orientation (5 Sept)
3) Breanna moves out of the apartment this week to another apartment complex. I'm VERY SAD. Even though I only met her in May, we're good friends now and she's so much fun. And she's very generous, always driving me around in her 23 yr old car. I'm really going to miss her.
2) I'm moving to the apartment next door this Saturday, and I'm going to start moving some of my stuff over during the week.
and...
1) Heather has already moved out, back to DT to become a R.A. An R.A. is Residential Advisor, and basically her job is to take care of the Freshman girls in DT.
Heather is my special friend. I knew her since my DT days, and she and I just simply... connected. When she moved out all her stuff (after 3 loads...serious!) and said good-bye to me for the "final" time, I just started bawling. It's like when everytime Clarissa comes visit me and we part, we know that we will see each other in the future but not sure exactly WHEN.
I think I've cried more times in the past year than I have in my entire life (ok, exaggeration but you get the point...)
Let me recount:
- When I left home Singapore to come here.
- When the first bout of homesickness came after I got here.
- When Clarissa left after Thanksgiving 2005.
- When I celebrated my 1st Christmas and New Year away from home (BUT I had a GREAT time with the Dalebouts so that made me feel tons better).
- When I left after my trip up to Idaho to see dear Clarissa this year.
- When the Clarks left just 2 weeks ago.
- When Heather left just 2 hours ago.
Labels: Room-mate gossip


3 Comments:
I'm sorry you're feeling down Keshia. That's probably normal. But I just LOVE the start to a new school year...thinking about all the people you'll meet, friends you'll make, things you'll learn, tests you'll ACE!, and memories you'll make. Live it up!!
Stacie: I know, I'm trying to stay positive. After all, all my friends are coming back to me soon! Yeah! I just wish that they would come back sooner... Don't worry, a happier post is coming up soon.
Just remember to keep in touch with the friends that move out! They're still going to be in Provo, and Provo is quite small and easy to get around. :) Hope you feel better soon. Love ya keesh!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home