Monday, July 31, 2006

Cool Fun weekend- Part I

A.k.a. the Coolest (and most expensive) Wedding Reception I've been to

Disclaimer: All wedding receptions are different, fun and beautiful in their own way.

This one is just way way unusual and cool.

And I bet freaking expensive as well.

Over the past weekend, Heather (my room-mate) and I went up to Salt Lake for the wedding of Daniel Burton and Britney Bowan. Havalah (Daniel's sister) used to be room-mates with Heather and I. Heather and I stayed over with Cameron and Jamie (clear about who is who?).

When we got to the wedding reception, we were shocked to find out that the reception was held at the bride's aunt's MANSION. Yes, mansion. Not a bunglow. A MANSION. The reception was at the freaking huge lawn that the aunt had. There was a tennis court/ basketball court where dancing took place. The swimming pool was decorated with round (yup, globe round ballons, not oblong ones). And there was a collection of motorcycles and vintage cars on display inside the house (I heard there was a WW2 motorcycle among the discollection).

Now to the reception itself. My guess is that the theme was CARNIVAL. The colours were purple, pink, green and orange.

Each guest was given a party hat to wear. And not those paper-cheapo type. We're talking about hand-made cloth hats. (Me, Heather, Jamie & Havalah)


There was a kissing booth. Ha ha! Nope, not the booth where you get to kiss cute guys, but a small corner where guest can wear fake thick lips and take pictures. It was hilarious!



The food was wonderful (for an Amercian reception)- salad, shrimp (yummy!), fruits, sandwhiches, candy floss, ice-cream. And caterers were there to serve us and help us clear away our plates and utensils. There was a magician, "balloon blower" (you know, the ones who blow up tube ballons and then twist them to make funny animals..) and a professional DJ to spin music.

But I think the "crowning thing" of the reception was the cake.

Cool cake huh?
Frankly, I thought it was so cool but I wouldn't want mine to have a carnival theme. It's also too expensive. I want my wedding...

Another time. In a few years prehaps. Ha ha!

5 Comments:

At 8/01/2006 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so that's where you were. we missed you at joycey's. sean got food poisoning. hahaha. and we sang karaoke. that cake is seriously the coolest cake i've ever seen.

 
At 8/01/2006 12:14 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Sean got food poisoning? Ha ha ha! I want to say serve him right but a bit mean lah... he called me at 12AM a week ago and say look out of my window.. and he was there laughing like mad, saying now he knows where I sleep and can "sabo" me. Wah biang eh!

 
At 8/01/2006 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he was outside your window??? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

 
At 8/01/2006 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one crazy reception! And one I certainly haven't heard of. Wow.

 
At 8/04/2006 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!..
wow.. i see tt u've attended many many weddings?? so when will i get to attend urs?? hehe... pls don't forget me...*bleah*

siyun

 

Post a Comment

<< Home