Saturday, July 22, 2006

Friday Night Movie Marathon...

Ok, not really. But try seeing 2 movies in a row and see if your eyes will droop like mine did.

Joyce and I went to watch The Devil Wears Prada (Rachel, wanted to call you but the movie was @ 4.45pm. Thought you were working til 5), and then after that, we went to watch another movie, Lady in the Water. By the end of the movie, my head was spinning and I was ready to go eat and sleep.

The Devil Wears Prada is a chick-flick through and through. It's NOT a romantic comedy, but a movie about clothes and fashion? Guys, you have been warned. Joyce and I were just constantly oohing and aahing over the clothes Ann Hathaway was wearing. So chic and stylish! Gosh, if I had money I want to go on my dream honeymoon, and then go Paris and New York and buy all the modest clothes there (ha ha!).

Lady in the Water had a very interesting plot, and as usual, a twist in the end (although this twist is by far the most predictable one). It's not a horror movie but there were weird supernatural elements in it... I like it, although my eyes started closing half-way through the movie. 4 hours of movie is no joke.

And then on Saturday evening, Heather (my room-mate) and I went to eat at a Thai resteraunt near my apartment called Thai Ruby. Oh oh Christina and Clarissa, if you come visit me I'll bring you there. The Pad Thai (or however you spell it) was surprisingly good. Maybe my tastebuds can't really tell the difference between genuine Thai food and American-Thai food, but heck! Heather and I were glad we went, although it was a bit costly ($9+tips).

What I really really really liked was the fact that there was, *gasp*! LYCHEE. No kidding. LYCHEE. 5 lychees for $1. Not bad at all... I know, in Singapore you get like, 1/2 kilo for $1 but hey! This is USA- can't expect the same price. Heather tried it and poor thing, was so shocked by the texture. She calls them "eyeballs" because she said lychees and eyeballs have the same texture. Ha ha! I was happily eating them.

And there was this picture haging on the wall showing all kinds of Asian Tropical food like DURIAN and RAMBUTANS. Urgh! Oh how I miss eating them... It's so fun to tell them to Heather because she (and probably the rest of USA as well) has never heard of them.

Monday is Pioneer Day, a strictly Utah public Holiday. Whoo Hoo!

4 Comments:

At 7/23/2006 2:01 AM, Blogger Oriental Lass said...

Lychee tastes like eyeballs?? Wow that is interesting, has she eaten or tasted eyeballs before?? haha

 
At 7/23/2006 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Two movies in a row? Wow! Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

 
At 7/23/2006 8:39 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Chris: no lah, the lychee didn't taste like eyeballs, but she said the texture was like eyeballs. Ha ha! She said it tasted gd.

 
At 8/12/2006 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home