England vs Portugal...
Oh my word- that match was SO FREAKING EXCITING! I'm not even supporting both of them (although by the end of the match I was leaning towards England...) but their match was soooo intense.
I didn't even plan to watch the match, but I went to campus and passed by the huge TV down at the Wilk. It was already at the 83rd minute and the score was still 0-0. I was lured...
So I just plopped down right there on the sofa and started watching.
90 mins, 0-0.
105 mins (1st half of extra time) and still 0-0.
120mins and still 0-0.
Uh oh...
That means penalty kicks. Now panelty kicks are the most nail-biting and irritating parts of the match. They are based purely on how good the goal keeper is and more improtantly, LUCK. Makes me think back on the last World Cup when Spain met South Korea, and South Korea won through Penalty Kicks. *Sob*! Ah my poor Casilles...
Anyway, this was way more intense cos both England and Protugal are great teams and whoever wins, advances into the semi-finals.
The penalty kicks started, with Portugal going 1st.
1-0
1-1 (soooo intense!)
2-1
3-1
So Portugal won on penalty kicks. Really, I tell you, it's all based on luck.
Well, Brazil is playing France this afternoon and whoever wins will face Portugal. I think Brazil will win. Man, if England won, they would play Brazil and oh man, that would be such a GOOD match to watch. But now Brazil/ France vs Portugal... er, not as exciting I think. Unless there are penalty kicks again.
One good thing about being in USA is that the time of the matches are very nice to watch. Matches lick off at 9am and in the afternoons. No after-midnight games like in Singapore.
Btw, soccer guys are way HOT!!! They spit a lot though. Eww...
Saturday, July 01, 2006
About Me, America and Everything-in-between. The adventures of a blur chinese Girl trying to find her way around the gigantic US of A...
About Me

- Name: Funkee Ego
- Location: United States
A very unbashful girly "female". I love clothes and objects with floral and ribbon motifs on them. I love to read and watch everything to do with artistic things. Unfortunately, I'm pretty telantless in them. Sigh...
Previous Posts
- HOW IN THE WORLD...DID SPAIN LOSE TO FRANCE??? HOW...
- Here's some Drama for you...And the funny thing, i...
- Especially For Ong Liting...And those studying in ...
- It's 8.29 am on 21 June 2006...And I'm ALREADY off...
- Some customers...Just DRIVE ME NUTS!!! This c...
- I think the HBLL Library hates me...Because it kee...
- I went bowling today...With some of the Singaporea...
- Figure out this equation:What do you get when you....
- What a memoriable... Memorial Day Weekend! Ha ha! ...
- It's been a long...time since I posted but I've be...


3 Comments:
well- nice for u to watch it the afternoon! i watched the match from 11pm to 3am!~~ and i always root for the opposing team (my friend was rooting for england) so muahaha- i won~! and all 4 teams are from europe now!
did i tell u that the koreans lost like 70% interest in the world cup after they got booted out? hahaha
Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»
Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»
Post a Comment
<< Home