I think the HBLL Library hates me...
Because it keeps refusing to let me do my research in peace. Aargh! (The HBLL library is my university library btw and HBLL stands for Harold B Lee.)
About a week and a half ago on a Friday, I went there to do more research for my history paper (due the next Monday). Just at the moment that I had pulled out all the books I wanted to check out, everything went
BLACK.
Power failure.
Oh great.
So I had to leave my entire stack of books on one of the shelves and evacuate the building.
Nevermind. I went back the next day early in the morning and to my relief, found my books right there at the same shelf. Phew!
And then today I had to go back to the Special Collections section to look for something. I had already "checked in" and was in the viewing room, waiting for them to pull out the book, when suddenly...
THE FIRE ALARM WENT OFF!
Shoot!
Just my luck... again.
This time, I have to hand in my final draft TOMORROW. So I have one less source now.
Dang it!
Sorry for the cursing, but I'm really angry now.
Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!
I'm pretty sure there wasn't a fire because there wasn't any smoke coming out of the building, nor did I hear any screams. Therefore the conclusion must be that it was a fire drill. Great. Just at the moment that I needed to my research.
Sigh.. I think my luck this term has been really bad.
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
About Me, America and Everything-in-between. The adventures of a blur chinese Girl trying to find her way around the gigantic US of A...
About Me

- Name: Funkee Ego
- Location: United States
A very unbashful girly "female". I love clothes and objects with floral and ribbon motifs on them. I love to read and watch everything to do with artistic things. Unfortunately, I'm pretty telantless in them. Sigh...
Previous Posts
- I went bowling today...With some of the Singaporea...
- Figure out this equation:What do you get when you....
- What a memoriable... Memorial Day Weekend! Ha ha! ...
- It's been a long...time since I posted but I've be...
- Oh My Word!That's the only 3 words I can use to de...
- Rojak!I've name this post as such because this pos...
- I did my first...GROCERY SHOPPING, er, "load" yest...
- To Jerm (and all History majors and teachers)...Th...
- My Accomplishment...Alright, some boasting time he...
- Well, I promised you photos...So here they are! An...


5 Comments:
wahaha. so funny. u just suay la dear. haha. and HBLL is harold b lee library rite.. y u put HBLL library. then wont tat be harold b lee library library?
Wow, imagine that. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be...research papers are WAY overrated. :o)
Clarissa: Oh yah hor.. sorry!
Oh keshia! Sorry about that, it was funny though. However like what Clarrisa said before, its just your Luck and I totally agree with it.
heeheehee
Post a Comment
<< Home