My Accomplishment...
Alright, some boasting time here so if you aren't in the mood to hear me boast abt me, myself and my accomplishment of 4 May 2006, then you better STOP HERE.
Today was Women's Conference. And Women's Conference in BYU and in the church is a HUGE THING. No kidding. Elder Boyd K Packer is here to give a talk, and so is the entire General Relief Society Presidency. Women from Utah and all over the states near Utah (Idaho, Arizona, etc) travelled down especially to attend this 2 day conference, and the campus is just packed with students, women, more women and very little men. Basically, it's a "Girls weekend" kinda thing.
Well, today I started cashiering from 11am onwards and the situation was just CRAZY. I think in terms of sales (judging from the length of the lines) we even beat SUBWAY (woo hoo!).
I don't mean to be so mean but it was just driving me nuts the way the sweet old(er) ladies were giving me dollars and SLOWLY COUNTING OUT THE CHANGE. E.g. if a bowl cost $5.23, she will give me a $5 bill and SLOWLY DIG THROUGH HER PURSE TO COUNT OUT THE 23 CENTS. Blame it on the American tax system that just doesn't round off or let the store absorb part of the the tax. Grr...
Anyway, I only ended at 7.15 pm. Minus a half hour break, I worked almost 7.75hrs today! Standing throughout on my feet. Trying to hold my patience when the ladies were taking their sweet time to count out the exact change in their wallets. During the last 3 hours of my shift, I was so tired I became hyper. No kidding. I was genuinely smiling and even chatting and laughing with them. Weird but it's true. (Has anyone experienced this as well?)
But that's not my accomplishment. I cashiered for so long and by the end of the day, my box had over $2100!!! Quick calculations: On average each bowl cost about $5, with a drink about $1, each person spends about $6 at Teriyaki Stix for a meal. $2100 divide by $6 is... 350! Which means I alone entertained almost 350 customers today! And that's not including the 2nd line.
BUT the best part is yet to come. When $$$ figures go so high like today, there's bound to be mistakes. But I was ONLY under 40cents!!! Meaning the computer value and actual money amount in my box only had a difference of 40 cents. Yeah! Not bad huh?! Ok, no big deal to you maybe but please remember I had the horrible 1 cents (urgh!), 5 cents, 10 cents and 25 cents to deal with.
Ok, one more day. I'll survive.
Thursday, May 04, 2006
About Me, America and Everything-in-between. The adventures of a blur chinese Girl trying to find her way around the gigantic US of A...
About Me

- Name: Funkee Ego
- Location: United States
A very unbashful girly "female". I love clothes and objects with floral and ribbon motifs on them. I love to read and watch everything to do with artistic things. Unfortunately, I'm pretty telantless in them. Sigh...
Previous Posts
- Well, I promised you photos...So here they are! An...
- Stacie!Come to TS tomorrow (Tuesday) between 1.30p...
- New EVERYTHING!Boy, when changes come, they all co...
- It is amazing...How much stuff and junk one can ac...
- Time to Celebrate!!!To Clarissa and the others sti...
- I sold back my math textbook and solutions today.....
- Oh I am so angry now...Because the stupid BYU book...
- My finals...Start tomorrow so wish me luck!!!And g...
- All the Best Elder Woo!Well well, how time flies a...
- To StacieHey Stacie, do you have any suggestions f...


5 Comments:
u noe somehow i can relate to ur working situation.
but i think it is the other way round
cos i count money like snail la.
and biz aint tt good over here in the ice cream shop tt i am workg in!
are u workg in some jappy restaurant or smthg? haha.
hey Sister Shumway was there today at BYU to give a talk!!!!
hey u really gd ar...only a difference of 40 cents after such a long day of cashiering...i rem doing cashiering back in my attachment in a candy shop ( in poly...made a mistake once in the nets tingy..and i got to pay the difference of $6 plus in the end..Aargh...
haha...pei fu you...
Lt: yah it's a Japanese fast food franchise, quite popular in West USA. at 1st I was like, maybe Teriyaki Stix can go S'pore but then I immediately saw NOT POSSIBLE cos they will bankrupt competing against the REAL jap food like Sakai Sushi and Edo Sushi. aargh! I miss real gd sushi and baby octupus... grrr...
Shiya: Jia yous! sure make mistake one.. I got make like, $4 difference b4. don't give up!
haha..tat was long time ago...btw, am now working part-time back in my attachment company and i haf been accepted by NUS (biz admin)!! haha.. am really happy and finally stop worrying...
Post a Comment
<< Home