Sunday, June 04, 2006

Figure out this equation:

What do you get when you...

melted dark chocolate (like really melted, semi-liquid) +a bit of hot water = ???

Answer:

...

Dark chocolate ICING!!!

Serious. Contrary to expectations (or mine at least), melted chocolate + water does NOT = liquid melted chocolate.

Bad mistake on my part. I had melted my dark chocolate bar and it was quite "runny" but I wasn't satisfied. So I decideded (very stupidly) to add some hot hot water to it. And when I added it in... dang! It hardened and turned into icing. Well, we learn something new everyday.

Anyway, I wanted liquid dark chocolate to "drizzle" over my cheesecake pie I had made. That was just me experimenting (the chocolate part, not the pie) so even though the chocolate was ruined, it's ok. The pie on the other hand turned out pretty great! Yeah! Jenny, if I have a chance I'll bake one and you can try it. My room-mate and her bf really liked it.

I was so worried because in the original recipe, I was suppose to bake the 1st layer for only 25-30 mins, but when I went to check it, it was far from ready. It ended up taking almost 40 mins! The same thing happened for the 2nd layer. I was really worried that the pie would be burnt or something but no no- it was delicious! Small victory for me! :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home