Thursday, June 01, 2006

What a memoriable...

Memorial Day Weekend! Ha ha! For my Singaporean friends, this Memorial Day weekend is a long weekend for Americans to honour past war veterans. I'm not trying to be disrespectful but seriously, since I have no immediate connection to them, it's just a nice long holiday weekend for me to rest. Yeah!

And best of all, Clarissa Chen came down to visit again from Idaho!!! Yeah! It's was so fun.

Day #1:
Billy and I went up to SL to pick Clarissa up and then we went to Little World or "Xiao Shi Jie" for dinner. Amid Billy's attempts to learn some chinese and charm the waitresses there, we had a nice good chinese dinner... or at least it was nice and good for me and Clarissa. Poor Billy- he liked the Beef Hor Fan enough but the Salted Fish Fried Rice and the Preserved Egg Porridge was just a bit too "foreign" to him. He was such a good sport and generous enough pick us up. Thank you Billy!

Day #2:
BUSY DAY! Slept in (duh! Holiday!)- mmm... I brought Clarissa to the bus stop so that she could go shopping. I was soooooo worried that she would get lost. Why didn't I go with her? Because I had to attend Joanne Tay's wedding. Yes! Joanne is now Mrs. Daniel Hsiah. Congratulations to her! It was quite a fun wedding (of course, with Marcus there...). Joanne looked so beautiful. Wow! 3 Singapore weddings this whole year- Sharn, Joycey and Joanne. Hmm...
Later that evening, Clarissa and I went to the Temple to do some baptisms. This picture was taken outside of the Provo Temple. Yup, there's a fountain there now and the scenery outside is just BEAUTIFUL. In fact, there are 2 fountains now. I like this pic cos both of us look nice. Ha ha!






Day #3: Sunday so of course we went to church. A good meeting. And then I prepared dinner for my WHOLOE ARMY of Singaporeans. I'm serious- I used those exact words when I told my room-mates of my plans to invite the entire ARMY of Singaporeans over to my house on Sunday. I don't think think they realised that I literally meant ARMY- there were almost 20 people (Singaporeans and room-mates) cramped in my apartment that night.
But it was so fun! Duh! Singapore gatherings are always fun.

Anyway, it was a potluck dinner and thankfuly people brought food or there wouldn't have been enough to eat. In my e-mail, I specificaly instructed them to bring food because "we don't feed free-loaders" (yes, exact words). Cruel and mean but heck! I'm not cooking enough to feed the army.

Anyway, we ate chinese food and Mavis even brought bo bo cha cha. Ooh! And we played games like Apples to Apples: the fun-nest, funniest and wholesome game of all time. I'm so addicted to it. Clarissa, wasn't it so fun? I love it! I'm going to insist that my parents one whenever one of them comes here... We too played other games like "Will You Marry Me" (which I totally agree with Rae is so gay and and dumb) and Mafia (oh yeah! I like the 30 sec rule).



L-R (ready?):Rendy, Su Chong, Mavis, Sharn, Me, Clarissa and Worthy (yes that's her name), Rae, Philip Chiu and Bobby Yan, Daniel, Eric, Leroy and Nat. Whoah! Well, this is the whole gang minus Ashley (where did she go?) and Tiffy because she had to leave early. Add in my room-mates, Nat's non-memeber guy friend (who took this pic) and Su's father, and yes, it's really 20 pple in my apartment that night. When everyone left, I had to clean up and erm, I guess it's called service and sacrifice.

Day #4: My home teachers sent Clarissa (and I) back to SL. We went to a mall and I spent some money there. Hee hee! Anyway, Clarissa left (sob sob!) and I went back to Provo- back to reality and my piled up reading that I had pushed away the past few days. But it was so worth it. Thanks Clarissa for coming down!

3 Comments:

At 6/01/2006 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what apple to apple game? must come back teach us K! glad to see that u guys are having so much fun!

 
At 6/04/2006 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keshia! Sounds like you've been having a fun summer so far! Thanks for the updates. And luckily we've finally got internet at home, so my blog will be updated more frequently. By the way, Matt said he needs a translator for all your friends' comments (not a Chinese to English translator, an internet lingo to English translator!). :o)
Love ya!

 
At 6/04/2006 8:18 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Stacie: ha ha! My room-mate overheard me and my Singaporean friends talking and they had no idea we were speaking ENGLISH... ok, Singapore English. :p I'm glad you have internet now. Yup yup, my summer has been quite gd so far excpet for the school part. ha ha! Takle care!

Jerm: Persuad Clarissa to spend money and buy the game. :p SOoooo funny man and I'm sure you'll love it as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home