Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I went bowling today...

With some of the Singaporeans here (only "some" not "all", because Rae and Ash ran away... thanks ah both of you) and had so much fun!!! In case you didn't know, I am so bad in bowling, I'm not exaggerating when I said that I am BAD in bowling. I always come out of the game feeling like I wasted my money.

So imagine my surprise when I got a score of 73 today- woo hoo woo hoo woo hoo!!! And without the help of the "side-gates" furthermore. Ok, maybe it's nothing compared to the rest of them (or compared to the rest of you too) but for me, that's A RECORD. I still remember the first game I bowled when I got a single digit score... needless to say, I don't really want to talk about it. And considering that I've scored 50+ in my next few games... ok, I'm exaggerating again. I only scored 30+. Today was a huge and pelasant surprise for me. I hit the drain both times only once today (my record is, er, 9 out of 10 times)! Clarissa, I totally understand how you fell abt playing sports and just having plain fun (even when losing).

Anyway, I just want to devote a small part to my wonderful Singaporean friends here because throughout the game, they were encouraging me and cheering me on (They found out soon enough how bad I was). Now that is what I call good sportmanship. Even when I was the "weakest link", both teams (you know the guys' competitive spirit lah...) were cheering me on. And of course, they were very entertaining as well (losers did 25 push-ups right there at the bowling center. Ha ha!) Thank you for a wonderful fun night.

3 Comments:

At 6/10/2006 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KEESH! i cant believe i finally found someone who had single digit score too! hahha the difference is that i REFUSED to repeat the painfully humiliating experience EVER AGAIN! hahahaha! glad u had fun! i had dinner with yr mama and sister eileen and dawn (who was like 30 mins LATE and yr mother excused her coz of her bf but well, dawn is forever late w or w/o bf -_-;; hahahaha- so i realised that having a bf is a very good excuse for being late! :P)

 
At 6/10/2006 10:11 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

my mom exscused her becos of her bf? ARE U KIDDING ME? Kelvin not even there lor. hmmm... well, nxt time if I'm late (wen I haf a bf lah!) I'll blame it on him. Ha ha! den my mom can't say anything.

 
At 6/13/2006 1:10 PM, Blogger Oriental Lass said...

YES!!!I totally understand how you feel about bowling because I suck at it too! I never want to go because I feel terrible at the game and came out thinking I have made a fool of myself and not to mention the money issue as well. Anyways! Good job on the High score! Mine is a single digit :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home