Wednesday, June 21, 2006

It's 8.29 am on 21 June 2006...

And I'm ALREADY officially done with my finals ! Hooray! Considering that finals start TODAY, I think it's great cause for me to celebrate. Yes, finals start today and I'm already done when half the day is not even over.

You know why? Because I already handed in my History Research Paper (that paper related with the blackout and fire drill) and I had my US History final today at the freaking 7 AM in the morning (ok, AM = morning, but just for emphsis).

But in the end, my teacher told us that we could a) Take the final or b) Take the average of our 2 previous test and use that grade as our final. And since I did decent enough on the previous 2, no prize for guessing which option I chose.

Did you know the previous 2 tests took me a beastly 2 and a 1/2 hrs to write (Nothing compared to the A Levels but it's still beastly...). So why in the world would I want to sit there for another 3 hours, prolong my misery and in the end, score the same (or worse!) in the final? No way!

Anyway, after my final, I went to the BYU bookstore for the dreaded text-book sellbook. Not bad... I sold off my Statistics text (finally!) and so I got a decent amount. But the thing that made me so amused and LAUGH was the kiasu-ness of BYU students. You think Singaporeans are kiasu? Ok, they are but their strong competitors are BYU students. I went to the bookstore at around 7.43am and there was ALREADY A QUEUE! And not a tiny line... one where there was already at least 30 people there. The bookstore wasn't even open. *Fainz*
By the time the bookstore opened at 7.50am and I finished selling my books, the line had extended by another 100+ people. Yikes!

At least I still had an excuse ("I just got out of my US History final")...

Btw, GOOD LUCK to my fellow exam-muggers! Add oil and may the Lord guide and help you as you do your papers.

6 Comments:

At 6/21/2006 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh u are done with finals le? mygosh! u lucky girl. i dun get done till next wed la. and i leave thurs. i even more peng san then u ar. i need to pack summore. oh and rite. u went to the bookstore and onli 30 plus pple. ours are. without fail. book buyback starts maybe close to 8. at like 6 in the morning already a long long line. here the pple more kiasu man. siao pple. haha. im one of the siao pple. but im sporean ar. we are known for our kiasu-ness. not americans. hor? haha

 
At 6/21/2006 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Keshia! It feels great to be done...and you don't have to worry about school for two whole months! Yea!

 
At 6/21/2006 8:46 PM, Blogger Oriental Lass said...

oh thats good keshia. I am done too,however i think i bombed my finals. I am so done for this time!!!! might lose the scholarship too.....

 
At 6/22/2006 3:46 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Oh dear Chris, GOOD LUCK! Study and pray and the Lord will guide you through it. And Clarissa, just think that u going HOME soon! cheer up and study hard while u can.

 
At 6/23/2006 1:07 PM, Blogger Oriental Lass said...

I dont know Keshia, I guess I am just homesick and lose focus. I am really worry tho.

 
At 6/26/2006 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

keshia lai why are u forever having exams! i realise ur exams like so often? tt time when i had mine, u had urs too and now u got exams again?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home