Saturday, July 01, 2006

I think I'm still in a bit of a shock...

that Brazil actually lost to France!!! What in the world is going on? I mean, Zidane is a good player and I'm glad it's not the last game he's playing before his retirement.

But BRAZIL losing to FRANCE? If Brazil lost to Germany, I would understand. But France??? While France did beat Brazil in, when? 1998? But this time France isn't the same fantastic team as before, while Brazil is still King as ever. So for the King to be toppled by tired Prince France is rather shocking.

Oh well, it's ok. Surprises are sometimes good. But this surprising triumph just changed the entire "face" of this World Cup though. Now, all remaining teams (Germany, Italy, France and Portugal) are equal contenders for the World Cup champion title. I don't want Germany to win though (sorry German fans, I just have a natural prejudice against the German soccer team). The other three are alright, although it would be nice for Zidane to retire with a World Cup champion title to his name. And I think after this victory, France is now way pumped up.

Anyway, the match was another nail-biting one. Half of the people watching along with me were rooting for France, and the other half for Brazil. This was avery good match, with both teams showing off their nifty foot-work. It was amazing.

And did you get to see the Brazilians in the 2nd half? They were really desperate by the last 10 mins, that I felt quite sympathetic for them. I wished that they had scored though, so that the match could have gone into overtime, and perhaps even penalty kicks (like the England vs Portugal one. So exciting!). Now that would have made this match classic. Imagine headlines screaming "Brazil scored equalizer in last 10 mins to push match to overtime..." Oh man...

Well, I'll be watching closely to see who wins the World Cup. Right now, I'm rooting for the underdogs- which will be France. Viva le France (or however you spell it, Jerm)!!!

4 Comments:

At 7/02/2006 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its "vive la france" ( i think)

 
At 7/04/2006 5:02 PM, Blogger kokolin said...

Happy Birthday Keesh!
Hope you had a great day and did many special things! Hopefully the Germany semifinal will play in ur favor. haha. din know u are also a soccer fan like popo. ya, i also wanted brazil to win the world cup.
anyway, miss u and am wishing u are back.

 
At 8/12/2006 4:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 8/17/2006 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home