*Happy Birthday to Me~*!
It's pretty neat to have the same birthday as the United States of America.
I was initially suppose to get up at 6am in the morning yesterday to go watch the Hot Air Balloon launch, but I just couldn't drag up myself to do that. So I ended up cancelling that and going back to bed... for one more hour (Hey! Better than nothing!). When I got up at 7am, I opened the door and...
Discovered that my room-mate, Heather, had decorated the door! So nice of her!
Then after eating, we walked down to watch the Parade. Very honestly, the parade was so darn boring. Marching band, marching band, more marching bands... floats carrying Ms Utah, Ms Provo High Prom Queen, Ms Orem high Prom Queen and more such royalty (who cares?!). There were enormous blown-up balloons of famous cartoon charaters (like one of, gasp! Hello Kitty!) and that was probably the most interesting display. There was a nice display of jet-planes, even though all they did was fly over. There was a cool float on Madagascar and Cinderella, but there were so little that it couldn't liven up the parade. I can't believe I sat out there in the heat to watch the hour-and-a-half boring parade.
After the parade, I turned to Heather and went, "That was boring."
And Heather replied, "Well, it was boring but it was a good parade." I was SHOCKED! That measely thing was a good parade? *Fainz* But I guess their "National Day Parade" equivalent was Saturday's Stadium of Fire. After spending all their $$$ on the Stadium of Fire, guess they couldn't afford nicer floats.
Anyway, after the parade, we went to... cut the story short, I went to a family friend's relative's home. And as my previous post said, watch the Italy vs Germany match. After that we ate, celebrated my birthday with a GIGANTIC cake and swam a little. It was nice to be at a real house, instead of an apartment.
And then we went back to my family friend's house and had another barbeque. We stayed tilll about 8pm and then went back. I talked to my mom when I got back.
It was a really ncie birthday and I had fun (even if I was tired).
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
About Me, America and Everything-in-between. The adventures of a blur chinese Girl trying to find her way around the gigantic US of A...
About Me

- Name: Funkee Ego
- Location: United States
A very unbashful girly "female". I love clothes and objects with floral and ribbon motifs on them. I love to read and watch everything to do with artistic things. Unfortunately, I'm pretty telantless in them. Sigh...
Previous Posts
- The highlight of my 1st Independence Day since com...
- I think I'm still in a bit of a shock...that Brazi...
- England vs Portugal...Oh my word- that match was S...
- HOW IN THE WORLD...DID SPAIN LOSE TO FRANCE??? HOW...
- Here's some Drama for you...And the funny thing, i...
- Especially For Ong Liting...And those studying in ...
- It's 8.29 am on 21 June 2006...And I'm ALREADY off...
- Some customers...Just DRIVE ME NUTS!!! This c...
- I think the HBLL Library hates me...Because it kee...
- I went bowling today...With some of the Singaporea...


5 Comments:
happy birthday!!!
err.. who is this?
Happy Belated Birthday Keshia!!! Glad that u had an enjoyable birthday over there.. : )
it's rae!!!! :) hello hello. haha. i didn't know you had a blog you bonky. and i don't know what bonky means...i just invented the word.
I like it! Good job. Go on.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home