LAGOON!!!
Ok, Lagoon Theme Park can't compare at all to Disneyland (according to Mrs Justin Chia, a.k.a. Joyce Chia) but for the price, it sure was a whole load of fun- original price $34. After discount (thanks to a Nu Skin employee), we (as in Me, Rachel, Justin, Joyce and Philip) got tickets for only $27. Locker rental, food etc and I think we spent abt... $40+ each? Not bad huh, considering we spent an entire day there (11am to 8pm). And it sure was a heck lot more fun than Escape Theme Park.
Just a brief highlight of the day (Sat, 15th July)
Water Park:
CANNOT compare to Fantasy Island at all, but since Singapore shut that down, this is probably as good as I can get. And it wasn't too bad. Quite fun with a few float rides that even Rachel thought was cool. Utah is freaking HOT in the summer, so to play in water for a while was cooling and relaxing.
Rattlesnake Rapids:
This was a harmless fun ride that was VERY POPULAR. We wanted to go there right after the water park but the queue was horrendously long, so we went after the rollercoasters when the line wasn't so long. It was enjoyable, even though Rachel, Philip and I were the 3 poorest victims who got the most wet. There was this "mini water fall" designed to purposely get the riders wet, and the "tub" turned just before we hit it, so the 3 of us went right under it. Argh! My poor sports shoes were soaked and grossed.
ROLLERCOASTERS:
Of course, what's a theme park without these right? Some of the rides we took...
"Wild Mouse"- Freaking deceiving. Honestly, that was the 1st ride we took and we all thought it was gonna be a semi-kiddy ride. It looked managable. But when we took it- ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! The plunges were frightening (as always) but it was the curves that really threw us off. They took is so high and and did pretty sharp curves, so we felt like we were going to be thrown off. Even the guys were frightened. I don't think any of us are in a hurry to ride that again.
"Spider" - This ride was terrifying but on hindsight, pretty fun. They bring you up and down and up and down and TURN YOU ROUND as you ride. So even if you sat in the back, you sometimes got turned around and faced the front in some plunges. Very unique. Rachel was my partner and we just sat there SCREAMING together. At the end of the ride, I couldn't feel my hands. Know why? I had held on so tight my hands turned numb. Terrifying but fun.
"Colossus- Dragon Fire" - Also known as the Rollercoaster that gave me a HUGE headche. Justin and Joyce sat on it before and just like they said, it was fun. But, they didn't know that the ride had changed a bit. So in the very beginning, the car slowly went and up and up and up... and then PLUNGED RIGHT DOWN SO FAST and not just fast, but the track TWISTED as well. Justin and Joyce were just as uprepared for it as I was. And after the twist came "2 circle loops" which were manageable but since I've never ridden on a "Loop rollercoaster" before, I didn't know before we "turned" we should duck, so my poor head got "squished" by the pressure. This ride was very scary- I'll have to consider very carefully if I want to go again.
"Rocket- Blast Off!" & "Rocket- Re-entry!" - I think these were my two favourite rides although they were frightening. "Blast off": You are strapped to a chair and they raise you slowly (a few meters) and then you wait, and wait and wait (and think what is going on...) and then they suddenly lift you up like, 200 feet in 2 seconds! Justin and Rachel (who didn't sit the ride) said my face was one of PURE TERROR when we were lifted up. No kidding- I was screaming like mad. The view from the top was very pretty though and worth the terror.
"Re-entry": The opposite. They lift you up very slowly and settle you there at the very top and then you wait and wait and wait again ( the view is really beautiful- mountains, hills, green, etc) and then they suddenly just plunge you down. Even Philip was screaming. But I like these two rides becuase... well it's up to each individual and for some reason, I like this one the best.
After Lagoon, we went to Golden Dragon, this chinese resteraunt in SL for chinese food. Yummy! Clarissa, remember the addy. 1300+ (onwards) N, Main Street. If Billy ever needs to pick you up again, we'll drag him there with us. Ha ha! The Salted Fish Fried Rice (xian yu chao fan) was sooo good. The hor fun was ok (Little World one nicer). But it was the dim sum that got me excited. Yup, dim sum in America- oh yeah baby! Siew Mai, Har Gao, pork ribs, chicken feet... Mmm...
And one more thing- just a note about SCREAMING. I couldn't believe how much much energy screaming took until I went to Lagoon. After sitting 3 rollercoasters, I was quite drained. And Joyce said that she wish she could scream like me. I guess my loud voice is a curse sometimes, but in theme parks, when scraming (somehow) makes the ride more enjoyable, it can be a good thing...
Sunday, July 16, 2006
About Me, America and Everything-in-between. The adventures of a blur chinese Girl trying to find her way around the gigantic US of A...
About Me

- Name: Funkee Ego
- Location: United States
A very unbashful girly "female". I love clothes and objects with floral and ribbon motifs on them. I love to read and watch everything to do with artistic things. Unfortunately, I'm pretty telantless in them. Sigh...
Previous Posts
- See, I was right... Italy DID win the 2006 FIFA Wo...
- My bet is...That Italy will win the 2006 FIFA Worl...
- *Happy Birthday to Me~*!It's pretty neat to have t...
- The highlight of my 1st Independence Day since com...
- I think I'm still in a bit of a shock...that Brazi...
- England vs Portugal...Oh my word- that match was S...
- HOW IN THE WORLD...DID SPAIN LOSE TO FRANCE??? HOW...
- Here's some Drama for you...And the funny thing, i...
- Especially For Ong Liting...And those studying in ...
- It's 8.29 am on 21 June 2006...And I'm ALREADY off...


5 Comments:
u are funny to blog abt the rides u took la! hahaa. anws yea china airlines really not bad! i like leh actually! haha. the ascending and landing not bad also! yea!
haha. looks like u had tons of fun! i wanna go lagoon too!! i heard all about it. but then no chance to go. ohwells. glad u enjoyed urself. i tell u ar. the weather in spore is not any betta. its horrible! im dying la. like so so HOT!!! ohwells. talk to ya soon! and pics of jermiah and shirley are up le. when u went to see my blog tat time i was posting up their pics. so yea. hee.
HAHAHAHAH even philip was screaming..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH hilarious man. and keeeeesh my shoulders are sooo red. super painful man!!!!!! i keep forgetting im burnt and i will reach up and scratch my neck or shoulders or whatever then i'll be like OH CRAP OWWWWW. haha. it was fun and i will send the pictures to you guys haha. XOXO
Rae: Oh my word- how come you burnt until like that? so poor thing... make sure you apply some cream, like moisturizer or soemthing to relief it. Oh dear...
Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home