Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ewan McGregor will always be #1 in my heart...

BUT I've found another favourite actor who will be #1.5.

Christian Bale.

The sad thing is that I can't find very nice photos of him. He's not that photogenic, but that's okay because the main thing is that he's an excellent and terrific actor.

I watched Empire of the Sun before (for War lit in JC... urgh!) and although he was the protagonist, he was only a little boy so I didn't really notice him. However, he was BATMAN in Batman Begins and that totally made me sit up and notice him. He was darn good in that film.

And then I went to watch The Prestige last night with Joyce and Justin, and I fell in love with him. I didn't like his character (he played Alfred Bordon) but Bale is one heck of a great actor. Something about Bale just kept my eyes glued on him.

And I recommend The Prestige. It's complicated and sometimes confusing, and the magic is a bit dark, but it's a good movie and the plot twist at the end was brilliant. Christian Bale was my favourite of course, but Hugh Jackman and Sir Michael Caine were wonderful as well. Scarlett Johansson was the disappointing actress, playing her usual vamp role. I didn't like her.

Oh yes, and I think I've found my favourite director. Never really had one but I think The Prestige sealed it for me.

Christopher Nolan.

He directed The Prestige, Batman Begins and Memento. I like his style- it's kind of dark yet artistic and clean. I mean, he resurrected Batman from everlasting ridicule (remember Clooney's nipple-Batman suit? URGH!) and not only made a good film but gave the Dark Knight back the respect he deserved. Nolan's films are complicated yet entertaining. I just like his style and his works, and I'm a newly-converted fan.

2 Comments:

At 1/14/2007 3:42 PM, Blogger joycey said...

Hey, even though he seems like a pretty mean guy in the beginning of the movie, I don't know why..but somehow..towards the end, I just got attracted to him. I started to dislike Hugh jackman's character (react to things rashly and stupidly) and I'm looking forward to see Christian Bale the whole time after that. I mean, he has this CHARM...maybe his pout lips and smile..you know...but his character is way cool!!! I think I like him too besides my dear Josh Harnett.

 
At 1/16/2007 9:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

favourite #1.5?!
keshia u're very funnie.....
i just ate delicious boon lay nasi lemak from the pasar malam.
rice cooked with coconut milk, mixed with spicy belachan and crispy ikan bilis.
the fried chicken was still hot and crispy,fresh from the pan!
ok..i'm sorry keshia!
i'm hungry now too!hahahaha!hope to see u soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home