Wednesday, December 20, 2006

CHAOS!

Everything is so chaotic now. Well, everything except my apartment. Had to clean it up for cleaning checks. It was so nice to walk in to my apartment today and see how tidy and clean everything was. Aaahh...

Other than that, everything's crazy!

Work was INSANE today. I took another double shift, and then took on a 3rd one because one crew memeber didn't come in (I think she forgot that she took this shift because she's home already!), and the other closing co-worker had never closed before. Worse, it's LIME-AWAY day. Oh no! So I decided to stay back to help her close.

And then, after getting done, I was about to leave when I noticed that Freshchetta (the pizza stall) was still a mess. Normally they get out way earlier than Teriyaki Stix does, and when Rachel Sheppard closes... Let me tell you, she closes so fast that sometimes the Student Managers ask her to stay back to help other stalls close. Well, this time Teriyaki Stix closed earlier and Rachel seemed to be very lost. Hmm... something was definitely wrong here. Therefore I went to ask her if she needed any help. Apparently she had a sudden allergic reaction (oh no!) so she couldn't use the chemicals needed to clean, so I stayed to help her finish closing. That took another half hour...
I went to clock out, saw the time (8.47pm) and
stopped.
Because my mind started counting. I clocked IN at 10.47am, and I clocked OUT at 8.47pm. That meant that I had worked 10 HOURS straight, with only a 15min break between. Isn't that crazy? Or suicidal?
The only thing keeping me alive now is adrenaline, the thought of the darn paycheck (I need $$$ to buy Christmas presents!!!) and that tomorrow is the last day of work before a nice long one week break.

Everyone's packing and leaving for the Christmas break. My room-mate room-mate is gone already (I didn't even know she was leaving today. I thought she was leaving tomorrow!) and another one left yesterday morning. My co-workers are slowly disappearing (hence all the double and triple shifts...), and the one that's hitting me the hardest is Nancy's leaving. I know she's only going to be gone for a month-and-a-half or so, but I'm still sad. And I couldn't even go for her farewell party tonight because of the last minute 3rd shift at work. I'm sorry Jenny- I couldn't go to Ali's recital because of Nancy's farewell party, and in the end, I couldn't go for either. Urgh! The really chaotic thing though is that all flights to Dencer, Colerado are CANCELLED OR POSTPONED. And since half the flights from Salt Lake go through Denver... Apparently they cancelled 2000 flights yesterday, and closed down all highways to Denver as well. Crazy huh?! Normally Denver is prepared for blizzards, but this snow storm is different because it's a tropical storm coming from the south, and is too heavy to go over the mountains, so it keeps hitting the mountains and dumping WET SNOW on Denver. Ewww...

Christina and Clarissa are coming down to spend New Year's with me (I'm so darn excited!), and while it's not chaotic in the normal sense, I've got to plan what we can do and how we are going to go about doing it (I don't have a car. Heck, I can't even drive!) and what am I going to feed them. And where Chris is going to stay for the next 3 weeks. Oh well, she can always stay with me (I'm sure my room-mate's won't mind) if we can work out the space problem, which I'm sure we can. It's chaotic to plan all these you know... even now, I have no idea what we are going to do exactly.

Rebecca just gave birth. Yeah yeah! Not chaos for me but chaotic for him and his wife and MY AUNTY BERYL who is now in Provo. I'm so excited! Woo Hoo! I can't wait to see the little cutie! So now I have baby Mathius Khong (er, I forgot 1 or 2 't's) and baby Jacob. Ooh...

Oh yes and one more thing- WHAT THE HECK DO I BUY FOR EVERYONE FOR CHRISTMAS? And worse- WHERE THE HECK DO I GET THE MONEY FROM? The sky? The tree? Stress ah...

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12/21/2006 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh keesh.
i'm sure you'll figure where the money will come from.
haha..

 
At 12/21/2006 9:59 PM, Blogger kokolin said...

hey, dun stress. and keep warm and safe while enjoying the snow ok. lucky girl, it never snows in LA. if it does, u know the world is truly going bonkers. anyway, wats your address? wanna send u some Christmas cheer. was looking all over facebook and ur blog but couldn't find it. and stupid addressbook.com deleted all my contacts for no reason. hope u are enjoying ur hols! call me if u bored, i can email u my phone number.

 
At 12/22/2006 12:29 AM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Wong feng: wah lau finally some indication that you've been reading my blog. Ha ha! Btw, don't spread my blog addy around ok? I've already told the pple I want to know

Koko: My addy is
760 E 820 N #206
Provo, UT 84606
So nice fo you to think abt that but don't need lah!
and yes, e-mail me your phone #!

 
At 12/22/2006 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SAW MATHIAS. (sp? haha)

HE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE.

and i actually held him. only for like 30 seconds hahaha i felt like i was going to drop him. auntie beryl is soo happy hahaha.

 
At 12/22/2006 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i found your blog.haha.through links.
from kandace to samantha to clarissa then finally to you.not bad eh?haha.
and ya.wont spread.=)

 
At 12/23/2006 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant imagine marcus- A FATHER?! oh dear, keesh lai, WE ARE GETTING OLD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home