Sunday, December 10, 2006

Pet Peeves (written last night in anger, so don't mind the bad grammer and un-Christmas mood)

Pet Peeve 1:
The apartment just above me is holding a party on a Saturday night, and the music is still BLASTING even though it's 11.26pm (according to my accurate computer clock). I swear the ceiling is going to collapse anytime due to all the dancing upstairs.The ceiling is creaking from all the stomping. And I'M IN MY BEDROOM with my door close and I can still hear all the noise.

I've nothing against dancing and partying, but FINALS ARE ONLY A WEEK AWAY, and is this how they spend their time "studying"? Yeah right, studying people of the opposite gender I bet. Party away all you want in the beginning or middle of the semester and I'll join you, but there are people who want to study at this point of time (like ME) and don't appreciate the noise.

STOP PARTYING AND GO TO SLEEP!

Pet Peeve 2:
Jenny, you better make sure Ryan doesn't read this- he's going to be mad about this.

I like my US History Part II class, but there are some of us (once again, like ME) who have not taken it before and so cramming about 150 years worth of US History in 4 months is no joke. I'm already struggling to take in so much info and I really want the professor to go into details, not the students. Therefore, I would really appreciate if all the LAWYER-WANNABES in the class would STOP COMMENTING AND DEBATING SO MUCH IN CLASS BY GOING INTO TIME-WASTING DEEP ANALYSIS.
e.g. Topic: Reagan appealed to the moral audience.
Lawyer-wannabes: By appealing to this sense of morality, he gained favour with them because the people at that time were in the midst of the Cold War, and Americans felt that everything they did was moral. What is the meaning of moral? Moral is... Now in today's context, just compare him with the Bush's tactic's... etc...

STOP ANALYZING IT SO DEEPLY, STOP DEBATING ANONG YOURSELVES and KEEP QUIET!!! I really don't mind you commenting and contributing to the lecture, but when you start to go in-depth and divert from the topic, that's enough. I'm only interested in what the professor has to say (mostly because that's where the "A" comes from), not you.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12/11/2006 3:35 PM, Blogger rae said...

For my classes...you get to hear the ones that comment every 4 seconds.

 
At 12/12/2006 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear ar. relax. wahh. u sound darn angry. i can prac see you throwing stuff ard la. relax. im glad my classes dun have this kinda pple. altho once in a while will have. but so far ive been pretty lucky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home