Saturday, November 18, 2006

BYU football is "BECK" (pardon the lame pun...)!

We are officially the Mountain West Conference Champions this year. Woo Hoo!

And notice that this post is all in blue because it's one of BYU's colours and I am such a Cougar fan. Hee hee!

Honestly, I never thought that I'll be so ecstatic because I'm not really a fan of American football. It's aggressive and violent and a match takes forever. But I guess I'm slowly being converted because I actually sat through 2/3 of the BYU vs. U of New Mexico game today (at Justin and Joyce's) and understood what was going on (or at least most of it). And at the very last minute when U of NM couldn't make the touchdown, I (and the rest of BYU) were just cheering and shouting that we won, making us the Conference champions. And we have not even played our last game.

Speaking about the last game, I am so darn disappointed because I won't be able to watch it! And it's the most important game of the season- the game against U of Utah. Boo! I don't normally jeer but this BYU loyalty school spirit is making me mean. Did you know that the rivalry between BYU and U of U is so intense that we are one of the "Top 5 Rivalries of USA College Football"? It's that competitive. It's like, St. Nicks vs Ceder Girls, or Raffles vs Anglo-Chinese, only ten times BIGGER.

I can't watch the match because I'll be taking the plane back to Salt Lake at the very same time it's happening. Urgh! I'll touchdown at 4.13pm- right in the middle of the game (since the game kicks-off at 2pm). Hmm... I wonder if I will get killed should I fly in wearing my BYU gear. After all, the airport is in Salt Lake (where U of U is...). That's it, I'm gonna show my loyalty to BYU, even if I have to risk my life, and fly in wearing my bold BYU gear. Ha ha!

Hmm... my recent posts have been about football. Told you I'm converted already. I tell you, I'm not a sports-player (my idea of sports are non-agrresive activities like hiking, swimming and shopping. Ok, minus the aggressive ah sous at the Singapore sales) but I sure am a sports cheerer. Love it!

2 Comments:

At 11/19/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger joycey said...

Keesh ah...not only you miss the match this sat, justin and I can't finish watching the match and have to leave earlier and go pick u up at the airport ah!!!! Why not you "bu chang" us by treating us little world dinner? Whahahahahaha....

 
At 11/20/2006 4:21 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

eh sorry ah, I come back from Washington will be too broke to "bu chang" both of you. Tape it down lah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home