Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Little Foxes

Ok, just to help Joycey make some promotion here (so that she won't kill me next time), go watch the play "The Little Foxes" now playing at the HFAC Pardeo Theatre. Ok, duty done.

JUST KIDDING!

I watched it last night with Justin and Kelvin, and it was an extremely good production. The acting was great, and even though it was long (almost 3 hours!), time flew and I didn't feel the urgent need to pee again (not like The Foreigner...). And the play was very unusal because it was a (what's that word Joycey?) "practium" play??? Whatever the word I was writing about, there were some unusual elements of the play that allowed the audience to have close interaction with the actors. Go watch the play to find out what "unusual elements" I'm talking about.

And now, I'm going to close the issue of the guy I rejected once and for all (till my next encounter with another guy...).

Alright everyone, I guess I was mean even though I didn't think I was mean. The damage is already done, but you know what, I'll still see him in dance class and I'll talk to him, so I hope that things work out fine.

While I still don't want to go out with him or with any guy whom I have no interest in, I'm going to take Dawn's suggestion and go out with him (or any other guy in the same position) on a GROUP DATE. Maybe I can pull in one of you single ladies to go out with me... And I'm not anti-dating! I'm just anti-dating-a-guy-I-don't-like. Remember I went on a blind date and had fun?!

And stop telling me to give up Ben. You think I don't want to? We still have both out missions to serve! I genuinely thought that this ridiculous crush would fade once school started but it hasn't. When I fly to Washington this Thanksgiving, I'm not expecting (zero expectations- understand?) anything to work out. Yes, I'll be seeing him but even if we get together (provided he likes me) our relationship will have to withstand distance, time (over 2 years of almost non-communication during our mission? I don't know...) and his very shy personality. So while I still do like Ben, there are so many factors to consider and maybe, it will be better if nothing works out between us.

7 Comments:

At 11/06/2006 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait, does he know you like him? does heather know??

 
At 11/06/2006 10:22 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

no he doesn't know that I like him but Heather knows. Why?

 
At 11/07/2006 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

realise i havent been here for quite long! just dropping by to say HI. u seem to be having some BGR probs? hmmm okay. i think long dist rships are cool but hard to maintain la! but if u got the HENG XIN[meaning perseverance], it is possible :) yupyup. take care!!!!

-lt

 
At 11/08/2006 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah i thought heather might know. no i was just curious as to whether he knew or not. because if he did.....that might make things a bit the awkward. haha.i wonder if heather will accidentally let it slip......haha

 
At 11/11/2006 5:52 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Rae: Ha ha knowing Heather, she didn't tell but I'm sure she gave some big hints. Which is fine with me since I'm not going to be the awkward one- he is! Ha ha!

 
At 11/12/2006 3:58 PM, Blogger joycey said...

Keesh, thanks for promoting my play, but then I think you should change your title because more than half of the story is about Ben. Hahahaha! Maybe you should separate them, haha! I have many friends telling me that they loved The Little Foxes! Rachel better watch! As for Ben...we'll see what happens when you go there next week, maybe there's miracle....?

 
At 11/12/2006 4:24 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Well, the better half of my post is on The Little Foxes. Ha ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home