How do you nicely reject a guy ?
Honestly, someone please teach me. Especially if you're a guy.
Because I just rejected a guy and I have no idea if I did it nicely or not. I think I did.
OK, here's the story.
2 weeks ago, this guy in my social dance class asked me, "I would really like to get to know you better. Can I have your number?"
And being very flattered, I did- duh. Anyway I couldn't say no, right?
He called me that very same weekend but I had other plans.
Two weeks passed, and by then, I had already thought through about it, and came to the conclusion that I DID NOT WANT TO GO OUT WITH HIM. (I think I like Ben a bit too much... :p). Like, you have to pay me to go out with him (addendum after reading Clarissa's remarks). That was how much I did NOT want to go out with him.
I went for my dance class and when it was my turn to dance with him, he asked me, "So are you free this weekend?"
AWKWARD.
To make the situation worse, this conversation hapened when we were dancing the "Sweethaeart" step in the cha-cha. Urgh!
Luckily I was going to Idaho this weekend (yipee!) so I had a conveniant excuse. But he persisited and asked me if I would be free on Monday, to which I desperately said, "Family Home Evening!"
And then he asked me, "So when are you free then?"
To which I replied, "Err... let me see. I'm not free this weekend or next weekend... actually I won't be free for the entire SEMESTER."
Ouch!
Did I do it right?
My room-mate says I did the right thing. Clarissa said I did it all wrong.
What do you think?
Sunday, October 29, 2006
About Me, America and Everything-in-between. The adventures of a blur chinese Girl trying to find her way around the gigantic US of A...
About Me

- Name: Funkee Ego
- Location: United States
A very unbashful girly "female". I love clothes and objects with floral and ribbon motifs on them. I love to read and watch everything to do with artistic things. Unfortunately, I'm pretty telantless in them. Sigh...
Previous Posts
- You know you have developed a "thick skin"...For m...
- *Drumroll*...ToMiss Clarissa Chen!!! (notice the u...
- How's that for being cultured!Phew! Today was a lo...
- My life has been so boring......the past few weeks...
- I didn't get permission from...Christina Cen to sa...
- My room-mate's boyfriend is the sweetest guy!Today...
- So many things have happened...Since I last update...
- I went on a blind date last night...And I actually...
- I'm not exaggerating...When I tell you that today ...
- Just a few jokes to start the week off on a light ...


7 Comments:
NOPE!! wrong answer babe! tat was mean! and im not joking. cos like i mean if he kept asking u it means he really liked u. and u really shld have just gone on a date with him. ya know. keep ur options open. i know u like ben but still u can still go out with him and get to know him better. u never know. he could become ur future spouse or if not maybe a really really good guy fren. so bad answer chicka. really bad! now in dance class its going to be more awkward dun u tink?
No no lah, I really didn't want to go out with him. Like, you have to PAY ME to go out with him. That is how much I don't want to go out with him. And yah, a bit awkward now but lucky he's NOT my dance partner I dance with for exams
OUCH!!! I think that wasn't very nice, Keesh dear. I agree with Clarissa, or you could at least have tried to arrange a group date or something, so it's not that awkward. At the very least, you could have come up with a better way to turn him down. Haha.. but it's over now... so next time, maybe. :)
dawn: wah lau eh Danw, you FINALLY give us some indication that you are alive and reading our blogs.
Keesh!!!!
Why did you reject that guy? Please state and elaborate your reason clearly? Too ugly that you will only go out with him unless someone pays you? I really agree with Clarissa that you should just go out with him despite whether u like him or not unless you really despise him. Must learn from me when I was younger, I went out with guys I didn't like too and ended falling in love with one of them. Hahaha! Oops! Don't tell justin!
oh my gosh keeeeesh hahahahaha i cant believe you actually told him that. my gosh. haha. you have guts man. yeah, i want to know the reasons why you dont like him. i know ben is one of them. but still, what about him ticks you off? or irritates?
i think u should be CLEAR and not lead him on. (yes- i am one of the meanies) so well, sometimes being nice can be a bit cruel
Post a Comment
<< Home