I'm not exaggerating...
When I tell you that today more than 5 people from work asked me the question.
Yes, the question.
"Are you engaged?"
And they were dead serious.
I was so bewildered and confused. It was funny when 2 people asked me about it, but after the 3rd person, it started to get irritating.
Hello? I'm not even dating! The guy I want to date is far far away in New York schooling and having military training (But my Social Ballroom dance T.A. is pretty darn cute...ha ha!).
Ok, apparently this VERY FALSE rumour started in the Cougareat, when a customer asked Katie (friend from Subway) if I was engaged.
"Is Keshia engaged?" Katie asked my co-workers at Teriyaki Stix, and then the rumnour started to get distorted and the "Is" conveniantly got dropped, to say, "Keshia's engaged". When I came into work, my co-workers started congratulating me on my "engagement". I just laughed along, till Katie and a STUDENT MANAGER asked me about my engagement. Rachel Sheppherd from Freschetta asked about it, and then the COUGAREAT SECRETARY asked me about it as well (how in the world did the rumour spread to her???). By then the rumour wasn't funny anymore.
So just to clarify, I AM NOT ENGAGED. And I figured out how the rumour started- now read on to get the really juicy details.
It all started with Facebook (//to Friendster)...
My pic on Facebook is a pic of Jacob Dalebout (Hope you don't mind Stacie! I just had to show off how cuuute he is!) and I'm totally in love with him (even though I've yet to meet him). He's only a few weeks old but according to his mom, he's a good boy.
Well, anyway, Christina and I were just messaging each other on Facebook.
Chris to me: "Yes update the blog... I need to, however I will try to put it off for as long as I can... btw I called you last sunday and some guy picked up the call, whats going on buddy?;)"
So I got a really naughty idea...
Me to Chris: "Oh that was my fiance who picked it up. I was in the shower lah.Wait, did I tell you abt my engagement? I only told a few people cos it happended so fast. DON'T tell anyone, not even Vera or Jay.
Btw,I was just joking. Ha ha!"
Chris to me: "Keshia Lai!!! You need to post a picture of that fiance of yours *WINK* *WINK*"
And then Rachel L. messages me: "But of course! How are ya? And how's your fiance (I know you have one!)? Cute pic by the way ;)."
Me to Rachel L.: "My fiance's pic is the one I have on facebook right now- baby Jacob Dalebout! Isn't he soooo cute and handsome?! I'm totally in love with him. "
And then introducing Jessica Johnson writing to me: "You always have the cutest pictures."
Me to Jessica: "Thanks! That's my future fiance whom I'm marrying in 20 years when he grows up. Hee hee :p. His mom told me he's a good baby, so I figured he'll turn out to be a good guy when he grows up as well. JUST KIDDING!"
Jessica to me: "Well, if you're in the market and willing to wait about 20 years, you should look up my nephews, who are pretty much the cutest guys ever who worship me. I could hook you up..."
So I figured out that the problem stemmed from someone who was reading all these cooments, who conveniantly left out reading all the "just kiddings" and "ha ha".
Grrr...
No more jokes about being engaged anymore, even if it's about being engaged to a few weeks old baby.
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
About Me, America and Everything-in-between. The adventures of a blur chinese Girl trying to find her way around the gigantic US of A...
About Me

- Name: Funkee Ego
- Location: United States
A very unbashful girly "female". I love clothes and objects with floral and ribbon motifs on them. I love to read and watch everything to do with artistic things. Unfortunately, I'm pretty telantless in them. Sigh...
Previous Posts
- Just a few jokes to start the week off on a light ...
- Specially for Joycey and Rachel...No lah, nothing ...
- I SURVIVED!!!My first week of school, that is.Not ...
- White Water Rafting (WWR) TripI am so tired but so...
- Dedicated to a certain special Spencer WoodI promi...
- It's 2.53 AM...And I am still AWAKE.It's a miracle...
- Work this week...Has just beenHELL.I love working ...
- I'm happier now...1) Because Heather came to visit...
- Kids say the Dardnest Things...But dang! Teenagers...
- 10 Signs that Summer 2006 is coming to an end...I'...


8 Comments:
*cue hysterical laughter*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
ahem. congratulations, keesh!!!!
heh heh...only joking...only joking.
haha. OMG! haha. see la joke somemore. haha. ohgosh! haha. ohwells. i got the engaged thing b4. haha. did i ever tell you? kathryn was talking on the phone with rach b4 rach came up for summer. then rach was like is clare engaged? and kathryn who din hear the qn properly was like ya ya.. she is engaged. haha. i was at the side and i was like @@! haha. ohwells. tat was a funny entry! haha. congrats! haha.
I think he's a great catch Keshia, hold tight, he'll grow up. If you don't want to wait that long, Zack is 4 years ahead of Jacob and his violent tendencies are getting less so!
I can witness about the craziness at the cougareat! Before Keshia came to work, I already heard people asking if Keshia was engaged, and in my heart, I was like "Who the heck started this rumor, but I ignored lah!" Then when Keesh came to work, everyone started to come congratulate her and I had to keep helping her to say "No, she's not engaged!" These people were serious man! It was funny at first, but it wasn't funny later on. If I'm Keesh, I'll be frustrated! But anyway, Keesh..You will be married in 20 years so I congratulate you first..haha!
eh keshia lai shu hui! u engaged ah! DAMN FREAKING HAO XIAO LA! hahaha. i can just roll on the floor! haha, but erms. i do hope tt u get engaged soon alrights! find a good guy and jia4 le4 ba1! hahaha :) cheeeers
What a funny story Keshia. Twenty years is a long time to wait for my little guy to grow up! :o) By the way, which picture did you post?
Stacie: I post one where he was sleeping, and the other where he's sleeping on the quilt and you can see his big belly-button!
hahaha...*rolls on the floor with laughter* oh my u're engaged?!?! just 1 yr not seeing u and u've changed so much! lolz
Post a Comment
<< Home