I SURVIVED!!!
My first week of school, that is.
Not bad, if you take into consideration that school started on Tuesday and by Friday, I already had a paper to turn in. Eww...
And I'm taking 7 classes this semester. Yes- killer. But I'm taking a few fun classes so it's not too bad... just a bit time consuming. Between classes and work, my social life is a blank. Oh well, that's ok. I've had plenty of social life in summer. Ha ha!
List of classes:
US History Part II: Reconstruction, World Wars, Kennedy, Civil rights Movement, etc... Not a big fan of US History but I'll survive. Besides, this final is TAKE HOME, OPEN BOOK and OPEN NOTES. Even though I have a paper to turn in every week (2 page, double space. Bwa ha ha!), I think it's worth it.
Family Finance: Very helpful information for future use. I'll be learning about budgeting, mutual finds, writing a will, etc. And my prof is pretty funny.
Anthropology- Chinese Culture and Society: Yes, very ironic to come to the States and learn this, but hey! My teacher is concentrating on China and it's slightly different from Singapore's Chinese culture and society. Oh yes, and the people are VERY different as well- Singapore Chinese are much nicer than a lot (not all) of, erhem, Beijing Chinese.
New Testament "The Gospels": My professor (Todd Parker) is great! Although I really don't get it why people try to "escape" from reading the New Testament. We're suppose to read for 1/2 hour, 5 out of 7 days (minimum) and this one student asked, "If we read for 1 hour on 1 day, can we count that as reading for 2 days?" Honey, sorry but it doesn't work that way. It's like eating you know- you can't stuff yourself for one day and hope you won't starve the next. *roll eyes*
Missionary Prep: I have yet to go for this class, but I'm looking forward to it. My professor (Brother Bott) is fantastic (or so I heard). Even my non-member cousin told me to take him.
Basic Vocal Skills: SCARY! I have to sing multiple times alone... in front of the entire class...and be video-recorded. I know I've sung solo in front of hundreds before ("For the strength of youth..." Good times man!) but I still get that butterflies-in-my-stomach, heart-pounding-1000 beats/min feeling. Urgh! So my goal is to be able to overcome my fear and sing decently in front of my class.
Social Dance Class: This is soooo fun. We learnt the first few steps of the Foxtrot, and we will be learning the Cha Cha, the Waltz, Swing and Polka. My teacher is so pretty and my T.A. is so darn CUTE. Really. Haven't seen a cute guy in BYU for a while (prob because I'm still very much "in crush" with a certain Mr B. Clark). Ha ha! And a guy who can dance as well... HOT!
Oh I hope I survive this semester. Wish me luck!
Saturday, September 09, 2006
About Me, America and Everything-in-between. The adventures of a blur chinese Girl trying to find her way around the gigantic US of A...
About Me

- Name: Funkee Ego
- Location: United States
A very unbashful girly "female". I love clothes and objects with floral and ribbon motifs on them. I love to read and watch everything to do with artistic things. Unfortunately, I'm pretty telantless in them. Sigh...
Previous Posts
- White Water Rafting (WWR) TripI am so tired but so...
- Dedicated to a certain special Spencer WoodI promi...
- It's 2.53 AM...And I am still AWAKE.It's a miracle...
- Work this week...Has just beenHELL.I love working ...
- I'm happier now...1) Because Heather came to visit...
- Kids say the Dardnest Things...But dang! Teenagers...
- 10 Signs that Summer 2006 is coming to an end...I'...
- A few pics from my wonderful Summer 2006...Even th...
- Pics from the Stucki Family Reunion Ok I look like...
- And that's what room-mates do to each other...KILL...


5 Comments:
Serious ah? you taking the anthropology chinese class? Is it part of your major? Alot of chinese in your class? Fun or not? Hey, Sean is also taking Social dance class, haha! I think he wants to sian zha bo...you know last night Justin, me and Sean went to Leatherby's to have ice-cream, we saw how he flirt with the angmoh waitress and made her so happy and kept coming to our table to talk to him!!!!
dance? singing? why ur lessons so fun one! mine sucks lk helll. maybe forensic sci is fun, but still urs is so much more fun! happy singing! damn funny can! and u just started sch? is it winter or fall or what? haha dont bother explaining to me, i will try to read tt entry of urs when i am free alrights! yea. take care!
You've got a full load this semester Keshia! But luckily some of those are fun classes. I loved my social dance class! And good luck in Dr. Parker's class...he gives ridiculously difficult tests--ended up being the reason I didn't like his class. Oh well, you're smarter and work harder than I did!
FOR THE STRENGTH OF YOUTH BABYYYY!!!!!!!!! hahahahhahah good times man. and bro bott is THE coolest. you'll learn so much in that class...pay attention. i loved it. btw, how big is your anthropology chinese culture class?
oh my gosh! u take SOCIAL DANCE CLASS??! so cool!
Post a Comment
<< Home