Sunday, September 24, 2006

I went on a blind date last night...

And I actually had quite a good time. What happened was that my room-mate (Kristi) was asked out on a date by this guy (Jason). Well, since Jason was planning the date, he decided that they should go on a double date with his room-mate (Michael). Unfortunately, Michael is single and doesn't have anyone to go out with so...

Viola! Steps in Keshia to rescue the day. No lah... just kidding! But I did go out on the double-date.

They picked us up around 8pm (after the RS General Meeting broadcast which was wonderful btw) and we walked over to their apartment, where they cooked us dinner consisting of pancakes and their 100 different pancake sauces they owned. Why am I not surprise that they cooked us pancakes, being one of the few things men can cook? But I was pretty surprised that they hadd made the batter from scratch and it was wheat pancakes. It was my 1st time eating wheat pancakes and because I like healthy food, I liked them a lot. Wheat pancakes and their home-made maple syrup... yummy!

Then we walked to the Varsity Theatre to watch Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. The movie was good and very well filmed, but I think the 1st one had a stronger plot. For example, I still don't understand how Davie Jones (is that how you spell it?) bacame this monster. And Norrington is such a bad villian who really, after Part 1, you feel a bit sorry for, so I don't think he deserved to be written as such a wicked man. Plus, if anyone noticed, NONE of the many sub-plots had a resolution. Urgh! I hate that! And if the next movie has anymore lines about Singapore being the Red Light capital of the world then, I'm going to hunt down the production team and box their teeth out one by one.

Anyway, by the time the movie ended, it was close to midnight (and freezing!) so they walked us home and then they left.

They are really nice, decent guys, and I'm glad I went on it. I made more friends and I can see why Kristi and Jason are so good for each other, but dang! I wish it was a certain someone else as my date...

Keep dreaming Keshia

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9/24/2006 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA i know who i know who. :D

anyways. apparently they shot a lot of the third movie in singapore...must be the outlying islands and stuff. cuz singapore was one of the ports on the route remember. eh at least they mention singapore...i think thats already super cool :) :)

 
At 9/25/2006 10:07 PM, Blogger joycey said...

Rachel who who?!!!! Keesh, engage with this Michael lah, don't be so san xin liang yi liao..haha!

Really? Singapore is so important in part three? Man, I'm so proud and I wanna watch it!!!

 
At 9/29/2006 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt the same way about about Pirates! I loved it but I didn't understand it fully. Glad you had fun on your date--sorry it wasn't the Ben!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home