Monday, October 09, 2006

So many things have happened...

Since I last updated my blog. I don't want to bore you guys since I'm going to be boring and just write down one by one what has happened over the past few weeks. Hence, you may skip this post if you want to. Anyway, I'm writing this down mainly for my memory. Be warned- I'm not in the mood to entertain so I'm just writing in "Boring Mode".

1) MY DAD'S VISIT TO PROVO!!!
We spent the entire Conference weekend together in Salt Lake, and then we came down to Provo together and spent a few days together. I had dinner with him almost everyday of last week and that was just nice. It made me busier though because I had to rearrange my schedule to go out to dinner with him, but it was worth the lost time.
I found out from my mom that actually he wanted to go to BYU-Hawaii for the Jubilee Celebration. However, he opted to come to BYU-Provo instead to see (who else?) me! I felt so guilty but so loved.
My dad's such a great guy. I miss him already and it has only been 24 hours.

2) General Conference and Singapore Missionary Reunion (Larkins' one...)
Wasn't Conference just great? I was blessed to be able to attend all 4 sessions at the Conference Center and the spirit was so strong, especially the last session. I felt that all the talks for the last session were just powerful and applicable (to me). I loved the last part where we stood, sang and even prayed. The atmosphere was just electrifying. It was a glorious meeting.

Missionary Reunion- Woodlands Ward YW, do you remember a Elder Jensen? The one that look like Josh Harnett one? Wah biang eh, he put on so much weight I couldn't recognize him at first. Not cute anymore lor. It was great to see the other missionaries though and see who were married. Some married missionaries I recognized included Sis Hiskey (she has a daughter, Ashley, already!), Sis Richards (The one who sings so well and the one Chong Hui got crush on... ) and an Elder Snow (remember the 2nd ward one where everyone was going "Ooh!" over the fact that he was some descendent of Lorenzo Snow? Honestly, so what?!). Sis Goode (the sign language one) is still single and living in Alpine doing a masters in, er, forgot. Sis Spencer is going to BYU-I but off-track now, so she's working in Seattle).

3) The ever presence of homework and homework and more homework... and tests.
No kidding. I had to bring homework up to Salt Lake during Conference weekend, and find some time to study for my Family Finance mid-term. Urgh!

4)Work, work, work...
Work has just been frustrating for me the past few weeks because I had to train to people, and one of my faster crew members had a cyst on her hand, so she couldn't work as fast. Thank goodness things are looking up now. Today was a good working day. Other than the fact that the bowl-passer needs a teeny bit more time to be able to recognize and pass the correct bowls, and other than the fact that I have one crew who talks WAY TOO MUCH IT'S ANNOYING (Joyce, you know who I'm talking abt... honestly, I've never met someone as talkative as her), work is getting so much better and I think there's hope.

5) I shouldn't be saying this... Korean Drama!
Just to clarify, I've never done this before and I DID NOT do this on a school night. I watched my 1st Korean Drama (1st as in 1st time I'm not watching along with my mom) from (confession time...) 10.30pm to 6AM. Yes, straight through. Save Your Last Dance for Me. Soooooo nice! There were 20 episodes in all, but I watched the first 5 a few weeks ago. Skipping ep. 6 & 7 (glad I skipped these), I watched ep. 8-15, skipped 16-17 (gd choice to skip these 2), and watched ep. 18-20. After skipping those episodes and fast forwarding the boring parts (sub plot about about the company takeover), I managed to cram the entire, er, 15 episodes in those 7.5 hours. So nice! I'm gonna watch it again (2nd weekend night/ morning cramming here I come!). I'm so in love with the lead actor man! Don't know what his name is in English (anyone knows?) though.

That's a really water-downed summary of where I've disapperared to the last few weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to write something more interesting the next time.

6 Comments:

At 10/09/2006 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is sister spencer? she studying here? wats her first name? how come i dun remember her? aye? and tat hot hot korean guy is called ji sung la.. haha

 
At 10/10/2006 5:37 PM, Blogger joycey said...

Thanks Clarissa! I actually wanted to tell Keesh that that super hot guy is called Ji Sung or in chinese, Chi Cheng. I think he's in the army now, probably come out very soon, about same time as my other fav. guy too, Song Seung Heon. Only these two guys will make my heart melt even though I'm married, hahaha! Oh, and also Josh Harnett!! Hehe! Oh..talking about Josh Harnett, Keesh, you saw Elder Jensen? He really that bui ah? He married a phillipian right? Do u know we were once lovers? Hahahhaa....Wanna know more, ask me lah...

 
At 10/10/2006 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keshia, I loved seeing your Dad too! What a great man. I'm so glad he came to see you!

 
At 10/10/2006 10:03 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Clarissa: Sis Spencer... er, she's the one whose companion was Sis Thudawi... long curly hair, no specs...
Joycey: Wah biang eh! I wanna know what scandelous story behind both of you... You actually know the Elder Jensen? I'm surprised! And yup, he married a Felippino.

 
At 10/13/2006 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT WAS ELDER JENSEN???? THE ONE WITH A FILIPINA WIFE????? THAT ISNT AS SKINNY ANYMORE??????????????

dude. what happened to him. he had so much potential.

 
At 10/14/2006 9:00 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

ha ha ha! I love your comment Rae. Yup, that was Elder Jensen. So diff hor... anyway now he also married so even if he was still gd looking, potential also gone lah. Ha ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home