Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm still trying to decide...

... which is worse: Having 3 tests to take in one week OR having 2 weekly papers that are 1-2 pages each, (get this!) single space. Wow! I actually have two professors who want us to type it single space (as opposed to the usual double spaced). And one of them, my anthropology professor actually wants it to be (*gasp!*) not 12 but 10 point font. That means more words for me have to squeeze out of my brain for his paper. Urgh!

FYI, I have more than 2 weekly papers to write for this entire semester (and it's only for this semster *whine*). I've yet to count in my 5 papers from my 2 religion classes and the weekly 1/2-page weekly journals for my vocal class. Plus I have 2 papers due this semster for my dance class. Isn't it ridiculous that there are papers to write for dance classes? But they are one page, single-spaced and the ones that will help push my grades up, so I'm not going to complain.

On the other hand, having 3 tests in one week is NOT FUN. Last week, I took a Family Finance test on Tues, New Testament quiz on Wednesday, and my killer US History mid-term on Fri. Makes me really glad that I have a take-home final for US History. Woo Hoo!

Anyway, I'm still debating between which one gives me more stress. Tests need more studying and memorization, but once you're done, it's over. Throw Away! Now, writing papers (especially weekly ones) seems like this never-ending nightmare. I've written 3 papers already this week and I still have one more to write tomorrow night. Double urgh!

Speaking of my US History mid-term, let me tell you why I'm so furious and qi4 gei4 (frustrated and angry) about it. I entered the testing center at 8.15 AM (keep in mind that the night before I had only slept 4 hours in order to cram for this mid-term). My prof had told us that it would only take the most 1 and a 1/2 hours to complete. Yeah right. It took me a freaking 2 and a 1/2 hours to complete the mid-term.
By the time I got out, it was already 10.45am. I was suppose to be at work at 10.45am (dressed and all). Uh oh- not good. On top of that, because I had to rush off to work, I couldn't do any of the bonus questions. Now that really ticked me off. I don't blame anyone but I blame circumstances (if there's such a thing as "blaming ciscumstances"). If only I had 15 more minutes I could have done the bonus questions (whether I answered them correctly is, of course, another questions) and scored better. Urgh, urgh, urgh! The great thing is that Singapore has trained me so well that writing for 2 and a 1/2 hours is manageable. Who would have thought that the day would come when I would look back and thank the Singapore education system for such torture?!

Ok, and lastly, for those who want to know why in the world do I not want to go out with that guy I rejected for a semster, here are the reasons:
a) I don't like him and I have zero desire to go out with him

b) I've been on dates with guys I have absolutely no interest in and it's TORTURE because it's so awkward (for me). Advice from a future-historian's (i.e. me :p): learn from history and don't repeat the mistake again. Blind dates are okay (see earlier post) but not too many

c) I think rejecting him now is better than going on a date with him and then having to reject him after the 2nd date. Now that would have made future dance classes more awkward. At least I (lamely) gave the excuse that I was too busy. However if I rejected him after the 2nd date, it would have been obvious that I rejected him because I had zero interest in him. Now wouldn't that be even more hurting? Of course, this is based on the presumption that he would ask me out on a 2nd date (and based on my hunch, I think he would have).

d) After getting my number, he waited 2 weeks to ask me out. BIG mistake. Being a future historian, I analyze situations a lot. Well, I analyzed this situation and based on the evidence from my heart, I came to the conclusion (oh my history teachers would love me!) that no, I did not want to go out with him at all and that was that. Period.

e) This is the last one because it only played a teeny role-honest. Ready?
Benjamin Clark- thanks for ruining my dating life in BYU.

7 Comments:

At 11/02/2006 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

keesh ar. reread ur title. english a bit the off ar. decided ne? decide ba. hehe.

 
At 11/03/2006 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keshia, you've made me very curious.... I want to hear the whole story about the guy in your dance class, not just little bits and pieces that leave me guessing. And why is your dating life at BYU ruined??

 
At 11/03/2006 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keshia, give the poor guy a chance-maybe he is your prince charming! And until Ben moves here and starts dating you, FORGET ABOUT HIM!

 
At 11/04/2006 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

benjamin clark...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

 
At 11/04/2006 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i understand! dont like means dont like right?! no point forcing! (but well keesh, learning from "history" guys u like might not ask u out! so must keep yr options open and stop pinning for one tree and give up the whole forest! hahahahahah

 
At 11/05/2006 8:39 PM, Blogger joycey said...

Keesh...since you are so devoted to BENJAMIN CLARK..then express it to him when you go visit him in Washington!!!! Don't just secretly crush on him, it's useless, he won't know! At least hint it to him and try your best. If he accepts, great, but if he doesn't, kick his butt and forget about this guy! Because when you forget him, you will be able to give other guys a chance. Just staying devoted to one guy is wasting your time unless he likes you too, understand? Don't be silly, if you just keep waiting, you'll be the person who gets hurt the most in the end. Don't be like those stupid korean characters in the korean drama who just waiting for the only guy or girl, what happen to them in the end? Tell me? You should know lah...sorry ah..I need to be serious this time...

 
At 11/05/2006 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually. joycey is quite right. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home