Monday, December 04, 2006

I learnt a new word today!

And (of all places!) I learnt it in my Mission Prep Class.

The word is

"osculate."

Let's see if you can guess the meaning.

e.g. 1 I've never seen Dawn and Kelvin osculate before (yes, this is aimed at future-lawyer-smartie Dawn who probably knows the definition and won't be offended).
e.g. 2 Couples who osculate too much on the MRT gross me out
e.g. 3 I want to osculate Ben right now. @@ (that's two wide-eys btw. Learnt it from Clarissa) AAAHHHHH!!!

And no I swear the word is NOT dirty, although it's fun to form sentences that make it seem like it is.

"Osculate" really means...
"to kiss." Really. I looked up the dictionary online and that's what it meant. My Mission Prep Prof was telling the pre-mis(sionaries) to make sure we don't cross the line the next time we "osculate" with someone, and we were going, "Huh? What do you mean by that?"

I like that word. It's like some legitimate code word of the making-out language. From now on when I want to say "kiss" but veil it, I'm going to sub it for "osculate."
Oh I'm going to have so much fun from now on walking around campus. Whenever I pass by a couple making out, I'm going to go " (*clears throat by coughing*) Osculating! Gross!"

On the topic of couples, I'm not joking when I say that everyone around me is hooking up and/ or getting engaged and/ or getting married.

3 of my 5 room-mates are dating people, and my room-mate room-mate Cari is unofficially engaged (She and her bf went ring shopping last Sat. Yeah!).
Mary was one of the last people I expected to get engaged after 4 months of courtship but she is! I'm so excited for her but I never expected her to do it so fast. Ashley or Lindsey maybe (the "popular" date-every-weekend-girls) but didn't expect Mary to beat them!
Nancy has a boyfriend (and anyone who knew her knows that she was a bit of a tomboy), and with him (Joycey knows who I'm talking about) Yipee!
Heather has Zach. Aww...
Dawn has Kelvin, Su has Rendy and knowing how loyal these 2 guys are... so sweet!
Not to mention the already married Stacie and Jenny...

I think it's funny.
By the way, I danced with the guy in my dance class and we were both NOT awkward. Bad grammer but you get the point. I felt so bad but the damage is done. No more rejections like that next time.

12 Comments:

At 12/05/2006 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i vote for number three heh heh heh heh heh. i think heather and zach are SUCH a cute couple.

 
At 12/06/2006 1:22 AM, Blogger Oriental Lass said...

Awwwww Keshia Lai are you dating somebody right now?! :P Cmon dont leave me out although I am late when it comes to blogging :P

 
At 12/06/2006 1:45 PM, Blogger Oriental Lass said...

Keshia Lai, I love you blog!!! and since I do not update it regularly enough, I will just need to settle for your blog and really I am going on my mission soon, it will do no good to update it now anyways right?!

 
At 12/06/2006 3:52 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Chris:
Sigh... BIG signs from your comments that you haven't been updated. Ha ha! No I'm not dating anyone, but there is one person I want to date but because he's a guy, he's so dense. Urgh! Read the next 2 posts and you'll see more abt Ben

 
At 12/06/2006 11:20 PM, Blogger rae said...

yeah, chris obviously hasn't been keeping up to date on this. :)

p.s. keesh go look at joycey's. i've joined the blogger gang now. haha.

 
At 12/07/2006 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha´... I'm very flattered but no, I didn't know the meaning of that word. And I hate to break it to you honey, but the trend of people around you getting hooked up/married/pregnant is the most unmistakeable sign that you're getting old! :) Just thank your lucky stars that you're not in S'pore for Chinese New Year and don't have to face kaypoh relatives wanting to know when it'll be your turn. :))

 
At 12/07/2006 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keshia, regarding your earlier post, he's a cutie! It gives me goosebumps to see you holding his hand! WEW The only problem is his youth--but if it's love, you'll wait!

 
At 12/07/2006 7:48 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Oh Jenny, I was holding his hand to swing dance. I'm glad you think he's a cutie too. Ha ha!
And I don't think I'm in love with him... but IF (and that's a HUGE GIGANTIC "IF")something does work out, I'll wait. He's only 6 months younger than I am though.

 
At 12/08/2006 3:36 PM, Blogger joycey said...

Keesh, is the guy you are holding, Ben? I'm so shocked to see that pic!!!! Wow...I'll be so happy for u if it's true! I really think Ben is better looking that Zach leh. Hey, don't be pressured when u see people around u getting engaged, married and stuff. You won't know if they are making choices too fast. I'm sure HeavenLy Father has already planned one for you so don't worry. Keep on dating or else waiting for Ben lor..When u both come back from mission, just the right time! Maybe I'll be a mum by then? Hahahaha!

 
At 12/08/2006 3:38 PM, Blogger joycey said...

Keesh, seriously, I find u quite dirty minded sometime...even justin thinks so..hahahahahaha! everytime you will think of that thing...remember u still say we'll feel awkward if Rita is going to stay with us in the motel in Reno? Wah lao eh.....

 
At 12/08/2006 3:39 PM, Blogger joycey said...

Hey...see you at the nelke theatre later at 5:45 or earlier, I heard Twelfth night is sold out again..blehzzz...

 
At 12/09/2006 12:00 AM, Blogger Oriental Lass said...

Arghhh sorry but I do need to blog... I will, but wait, I will come to provo and tell you all the juicy details of my life!!! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home