Washington Thanksgiving Trip 2006
I'm finally back and not happy about it. I want to go back so badly! I'm now homesick for both Singapore AND Washington. Aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!
Anyway, this post is going to be a long one so you don't have to read it. And I don't have photos yet because we used Heather's camera and she's not back yet. I'm writing it down more as a "journal" type thing for me, so if it gets too tediuos and detailed, go ahead and skip (hint: if you do skip, skip the smaller font parts, because they are my thoughts). I'm not going to be offended. And since there are so many things I'm going to record, I've divided the posts according to the days, so each day has a new posts. Be sure to read all the way to my last day!
And I know that all of you are dying to ask me about a certain Mr Ben...
Well, I'm going to leave that till later. Bwa ha ha!
Day 1- Wednesday morning:
2am- left for the airport(even though the flights were at 8am). Not kidding you. My friends wanted to beat the line. Well, we sure did because when we arrived at 3.20am, there wasn't even a line. Urgh! Oh well, better too early than late right? We just hung around at the airport and did some readings.
8am- Boarded my plane. I think I've developed a new phobia for flying, which is weird because I used to be so excited about flying. But this past trip, the only thing that kep running through my mind were images of planes blowing up due to terrorists or an engine fault. I was breathing so hard when the engine rose.
8-10am (UT time)- Plane ride. I LOVED the view of West Washington from the top. Have you flown over before? So GREEN and full of WATER and just beautiful. I felt like I had left Brown Land and entered the Land of Green- so many trees! Just like Singapore... and (as stupid as this sounds) I was just ecstatic to see the SKYSCRAPERS of Seattle. Well, considering that the tallest building in Provo is probably the SWKT which is 7 stories high, seeing the skyscrappers made me happy. Heather's family picked us up- Jean (the mom), Eric (16 yr old punk brother) and Marissa (12 yr old sweet sister). I loved her family immediately. They were just friendly and nice (even "oh-I'm-so-teenager-cool" Eric!).
Late Morning & Afternoon- Toured Seattle. I loved this city! I never knew if I was more of a city or "rural area" girl, and I just got the confirmation that I'm definitely a city type girl. I miss the busy-ness and PUMP of a city (like Singapore...). I can't live IN the city itself (uh, too noisy), but I can definitely see myself in the future living in the outskirts of a big city (like where I stay in Singapore)- easy to communte into the city yet not near enough to be "corrupted" by it. Ha ha! Anyway, Seattle was just bustling and bursting with life. We drove around and went to the top of the Columbia Building (the tallest building in Seattle- 76 stories high! And the elevators went up so fast!) to look at the breath-taking view of Seattle. We trooped to the famous Market Place/ Center (er, forgot the name... ) and saw the fish-throwing. Had lunch at a cool 1950s-themed cafe, Johnny Rockets, before driving around somemore. Then we went to Uwajimaya, a huge Oriental Market and I went crazy! I had to take stuff away from my basket, and still I went over budget. Oh well.
Evening- Spent the time in a motel catching up with sleep and watched some t.v. We wanted to drive back to Olympia but traffic was disgusting, and since we needed to drive back anyway to pick the Clark brothers up, we decided to stay in the Sea-Tac area. Zzz, zzz, zzz, so nice...
Night- Recieved a call that their flight was delayed by 2 hours! So instead of arriving at Sea-Tac airport at 11pm, they were coming in at 1am! Oh well, we just stayed longer in the motel. Naturally Heather got even more anxious and excited. At 12.30am, we went to the airport to pick up Zach and Ben. I actually identified the twins correctly (well, considering that I have crush on one of them it's not a surprise) and hugged both of them. It was just wonderful to see them again. Then we drove back all the way to Olympia, or more specifically, Lacey, which was one hour away. By the time we dropped the twins off and went home, we were dead tired.
Sunday, November 26, 2006
About Me, America and Everything-in-between. The adventures of a blur chinese Girl trying to find her way around the gigantic US of A...
About Me

- Name: Funkee Ego
- Location: United States
A very unbashful girly "female". I love clothes and objects with floral and ribbon motifs on them. I love to read and watch everything to do with artistic things. Unfortunately, I'm pretty telantless in them. Sigh...
Previous Posts
- Thurday a.k.a Thanksgiving Day!:Oh gosh- I'm almos...
- Friday:Morning- Had brunch while playing scrabble....
- Last Day:I did NOT want to get up at 8am but I did...
- Thanksgiving...Comes every year, but this year, I'...
- BYU football is "BECK" (pardon the lame pun...)!We...
- InvincibleI wasn't very keen to watch this movie b...
- Su's Mission Call...Yeah! It finally came!Su has b...
- Two Words-BLOWN AWAY.That's the perfect phase for ...
- The Little FoxesOk, just to help Joycey make some ...
- Guess what I discovered?!?!?!?!I'm so excited!CSI:...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home