Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Finals are hereeeeeeeeee! Wheeeeee!!!

I don't know why I typed it like I'm so excited but trust me, I'm NOT.
The title is in black for a reason.

Anyway, here's a run down of my finals, in order of how I plan to take them. The word is "plan". We'll see if I can stick to it.

Tues (12th)- Vocal Final [added on the 13th: I sang "When You're Good to Mama" from the musical Chicago. You know how Chicago is- sexy, scandalous... Well, I put on the thickest make-up I've ever put on, borrowed a beautiful long flowing dress from my room-mate and stood up to perform in front of my class. This is going to sound so prideful but I DID GREAT! I just know it. It helped that it was such a fun song, and I sang like I was in the musical itself, acting and shaking my butt like nothing else and trying to seduce everyone there. Scandalous but dang it! If it was going to help me get my grade by being in character, I was going to do it. My singing wasn't great (I was too busy performing and doing all the "aw aw!" and "oh yeah!"), but I knew I did great when the class laughed throughout the performance and my teacher told me I was fantastic after class. Score! Ok, one great final down... let's hope the rest do as well. Btw, I would highly recommend this class to anyone who wants a fun "A". You need to practice but only 15mins/ day. Performing is super scary lah but then after performing about 5 times already, I've gained a ton of confidence. I really enjoyed taking this class.]

Wed (13th)- Dance Final doing the Waltz [added on the 13th: I had to take a Waltz test and the Swing Final, but since I took the Medals exam and did decently, I subbed it for my Final grade. Hence I only needed to take my Waltz test, which according to the remarks on my exam sheet, I think I did well. Hopefully. Dance is so frustrating in the sense that the remarks written are very encouraging, but the marks that are given in the end aren't as nice. Oh I really hope that I get an 'A' in this class, because it's so fun and for goodness sake, it's only 0.5 credit hours so don't be so hard on us please! Added on the 14th: Just remembered as well that my partner kept doing the American Spin, for which he conveniantly had to do nothing and I had to do all the spinning. I told him specifically not to do it, and he did it about 5x. Guys are so dense! Gee! Added on the 16th: Found out today that I barely got a A for dance. Thank goodness for extra credit! Anyway, like I mentioned earlier, I wish they weren't so hard graders. It's only a fun Social Dance class. ]

Thurs (14th)- Anthropology Final paper [added on the 14th: I slept at 10am last night and woke up at 3 AM to write this 3 pages, SINGLE-SPACED, 10 FONT paper. Do you know that's the equivalent of a 7-page double-space 12-font paper? Yeah, I wrote this paper in, uh, 4 hours, and it was my Final. Oops! Oh well, he's a pretty easy grader, and I've been getting full marks for all my other papers so even if I didn't do it well I think my other papers would pull me up. Seriously, I've never typed so much crap in my life, not even in my history essays.]

Sat (16th)- Family Finance AND New Testament [added on the 16th: Phew! I'm glad that these 2 are over.
For F.F.: Blah. I did... neutral. Not bad but not good. Right now I think I'm an A- and I really hope that my homework points will pull me up.
N.T.: Parker is a really nice professor but he is so DARN HARD. At least his study guide helped me 90% of the time, but those few questions that were designed to be hard were VERY HARD. And did I mention that it was a 100 MCQ final? Urgh! Again I got an A- but hopefully my homework points will pull me up.]

Mon (18th)- Mission Preparation

Tues (19th)- US History Final Paper

That leaves me free to work the entire next 2 days to earn back money I'm going to lose the next week druing the Christmas break. The, Christmas shoppping on the 22nd and I'm off to the Dalebouts on the 23rd!

Phew! I have no idea if I can do cram in studying for noth Family Finance and NT for Sat, but I'm going to try! And I found out today that I have 3 freaking essays to write for US History. So what if it's take-home, open-book? It's still 3 essays. Urgh!

Well, Good Luck to me and everyone else!

5 Comments:

At 12/14/2006 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg!! i really can't imagine the keshia that i used to noe in thick make-up with the long dress singing tat song...wahaha..how i wish i was there to see u perform...haha...

btw, gd luck for your finals!! ;)

 
At 12/14/2006 1:48 AM, Blogger joycey said...

Hey, your teacher grade you according to your singing meh? For my class, it was graded mostly according to the hours of practice outside of class and journals i've written. As long as I do all these and i give myself good points, I get A. Also, I did well for my finals too lah. I was singing one of the songs from the muscial "Cabaret", hehehe!

 
At 12/14/2006 10:04 AM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

huh? grade me based on singing? No lah. well it's a vocal class so of course must sing decently right? But like you said, the score is more on outside prac and effort and coming to class on time and erm, acting well than singing. ha ha!

 
At 12/14/2006 11:01 AM, Blogger rae said...

DUDE i wish you'd videotaped it or something...now i'm dying of curiosity as to what it looked like. i cannot imagine a Chicago-esque keesh.

 
At 12/14/2006 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, I would like to see your performance as well! Good luck on your remaining finals...sounds like a busy schedule! I'm sure you'll do great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home