Sunday, December 17, 2006

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas...

And I hope my dreams come true this year!
I found out from my room-mate that part of the reason for the no-show White Christmas last year was because Utah was suffering from the drought. This year however, the snow is PILING UP and I relly hope that we will get a White Christmas this year. But after Christmas, I hope Mr Snow goes away because snow really isn't all that great.

Winter this year is so different from last year. This year, there is SO MUCH SNOW. Yesterday morning, I woke up to about 6 inches of snow and this morning, there was about 5 inches. It's Sunday afternoon and it's snowing again.

I hate the snow because...
1) The roads are gross, because the gas fumes of vehicles dirty the snow on the roads and turn it into black melted snow. Ewww.

2) Walking is so dangerous and s l o w now because it's slippery

3) It's very cold. Urgh!

4) Driving is a life hazard. I don't drive (thank goodness!) but it's just as dangerous being a passenger.

Yet, I love the snow too because...
a) It's GORGEOUS! Everything is covered in White and it's so pretty.

b) SLEDDING!!! What more can I say. I went sledding with the Singapore group last night at 11pm, and I HAD A TON OF FUN. Despite spotting a big bruise on my butt/ hip now, and having my glasses knocked a bit crooked, I had a great time! We went down backwards, piled on top of each other, etc. There was once 5 of us squeezed onto the long sled, with 4 people linking arms to us on two side sleds and we went down as one group- we didn't make it all the way down but just trying was so fun .

c) I was relaxing in my apartment living room this morning, looking out of the balcony and just staring at the snow falling outside. It was the most calm period of my entire week. I just needed a cup of hot chocolate with marshmellows and I could have sat there for hours just relaxing. Too bad I had to go to Church (and walk to church in the cold- :( blah).

So Christina and onni (Clarissa), let me just warn you that right now the snow is pretty thick, so you might want to bring some really thick clothing with you. I'll keep you updated as the time draws nearer!

4 Comments:

At 12/17/2006 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i spent like 2 hours today shovelling snow...ugh. i'm so tired now i cant lift my arms.

 
At 12/17/2006 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shoveling. i can't spell.

 
At 12/17/2006 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

harlow. where am i living now? you tink i wont bring winter clothes meh? i die die will bring la. here alr dying le. hopefully utah not as cold..

 
At 12/17/2006 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha..i'm dreaming of white christmas too but too bad, it will nvr happen in s'pore...in fact, it has been raining these days over here...

over at ur side seems really beautiful..rem to upload some pics.. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home