MTV for Singaporeans...
My sister sent me this Singaporean video and oh my word- it's HILARIOUS!!! My advice is to watch with subtitltes because Singlish put to a song can be quite hard to hear. Joyce, I think Justin would appreciate it.
Then after watching it, click on the "director comments" or something like that. Interesting to read what the thoughts of the creator as the MTV plays.
Click here
And for those who watch already, my favourite part is the grandma and the LRT part- so so funny! And the NDP tickets and the opposition party part too.
My only criticism is that the animation went too fast so I couldn't really read what the speech bubbles of the cartoon characters.
P.S. It's my first time trying the hyperlink thing, so if you can't click it, then tell me so that I can send you the addy!
Thursday, January 11, 2007
About Me, America and Everything-in-between. The adventures of a blur chinese Girl trying to find her way around the gigantic US of A...
About Me

- Name: Funkee Ego
- Location: United States
A very unbashful girly "female". I love clothes and objects with floral and ribbon motifs on them. I love to read and watch everything to do with artistic things. Unfortunately, I'm pretty telantless in them. Sigh...
Previous Posts
- The time has come...To assess the Singapore Educat...
- Question for everyoneWhat's worse than the first d...
- My Couch-Potato-Sin is ending...And I can't really...
- My New Year's Resolution is to try and remember th...
- My letter for 2006...Feel free to print it out and...
- Post Christmas Thoughts...in order of randomness:I...
- Here's wishing everyone...A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!...
- CHAOS!Everything is so chaotic now. Well, everythi...
- I'm done!I'm done!I'm done!I'm done with my stinki...
- I'm dreaming of a White Christmas...And I hope my ...


3 Comments:
harlow harlow.
ur title spell wrongly la.
singaporeans become singpaoreans.
lol.
Ya, justin and i watched the real live version by Hossan Leong before. It's a politcal satire thingy you know, laughing at the government, making fun of politics and society. It's a form of theatre to share a message to the audience, make us aware of what's really going on in the society. Sorry, my literary mind goes again, took too much dramatic literature class, haha! It's really hilarious, but sometimes the subtitles go so fast, i can't even catch up!!! I don't know some of the malay people or some chinese politicans and so i don't get those parts. I like the part when he sings Lee Kwan Yew becomes MM and his son becomes PM and everything goes again(so you know the govt is ctrl by the Lees). I also like the part when he sings Jack Neo, Kit Chan, and Sexy Pastor Ho Yew Sun!!! Haha! I'm so dislike her! Simi Pastor become singer, somemore tell the taiwanese media that she has 40 ex bfs!!! kns!
hey keshia lai.
i think i watch before the video.
damn funny one! abt singapore right.
but it is true the stuff mentioned.
it tkes some time to load thou.
and anyyas how do u cope man
sch plus work
i salute u!!!!!!!! :)
jiayous man!!!!!!!
how i wish i got money to visit you.
but tt will never materialise in the near future
unless i strike 4D lah hahaha.
so yea take care there!
Post a Comment
<< Home