Feel free to print it out and share with others if anyone asks about me.
Dear family and friends,
2006 has been a wonderful and eventful year for me. I've had a great time here in the States, although the ride is one heck of a roller-coaster ride.
Here are some of the lows for the year:
a. Winter semester 2006. Blah! Hard classes, long working hours, cold weather, dead trees... And don't ever take Calcalus and Stats in the same semester.
b. My first "B". Ok, B+. Doesn't matter. My beautiful GPA was still pulled down. Urgh! Stupid US History Part I. I think I have extremely high expectations of myself, because even my mom didn't mind.
Now for the HIGH, HIGH, HIGHs!!! In chronological order.
1. Move to Regency Apartments- It was a good move. My ward is fun, my room-mates are fun, and I'm just having a fun time learning what it really means to be independent.
Some lessons I've learnt...
- Groceries are freaking expensive!
- Sadly, Walmart is the cheapest
- Nothing beats Singapore food and Korean noodles
- Humans will even eat Macaroni and Cheese when they are desperate
- Anyone who looks down on the occupation of housewives deserve to be tortured and shot
- Exactly how fast toilet paper runs out
- Living in an apartment with 5 other girls require a high tolerance level for untidiness in the vanity area. Make-up, hairspray, hair curlers...
2. The Importance of Good Room-mates- Good room-mates make life in BYU so much more enjoyable. We all have our differences, but they weren't something that we couldn't work out. Two of my room-mates are engaged, one of them is dating someone, and the remaining two are single. Not a bad mix... except for the fact that I've seen more PDA in these past few months than in my entire life. Also, I've learnt how powerful love can be- my room-mate room-mate went from staunch "I don't think this relationshiop is going to last" to "I need to talk 24/7 about him because I love him SOOOOO MUCH" in a semster (4 months). and she's one of the 2 engaged.
3. My first July 4th birthday in the States that I can remember. The four before I moved to Singapore when I was small don't count. Parade, party with the Dalebouts and Heather, the HUGE birthday cake, my present to myself at LAGOON THEME PARK... Pretty eventful.
4. Clark family reunion- Water skiing (or attempted water-skiing), water tubing, covert attempted fishing trip, Raging Waters water theme park, etc. And of course, this is where I met Ben and his family BUT nothing happened. Sigh....
5. My dad's trip to Provo in Oct!- It was so good to see him again. We went to all sessions of Conference in the Conference Center (another highlight!) and spent some time together. He brought me an entire lugguage of Singaporean food especially for me too! Isn't he awesome?! My only 2 regrets were not being able to go down to St. George to see him run the marathon, and that I didn't insist on him going with me to my Mission Prep class. I think he would have enjoyed Bro Bott too.
6. Surprise trip to Idaho to surprise onni Clarissa- It was so fun to surprise her, and despite her claims that she knew something was up, I think it was still a success.
7. Thanksgiving Trip to Washington State- As if all of you aren't tired of hearing about it. I love West Washington, especially Seattle because it's so green and busy (like Singapore).
8. White Christmas- Went sledding with the Singaporeans and had a BLAST! During the Christmas break, I also had a fun time spending it with the Beutlers and the Dalebouts (family friends). The food was great, the company was terrific, and the children were simply angels (well, most of the time). Plus, I got my White Christmas.
Lastly, to put down any gossip, as of 31st December 2006, I'm not engaged, I don't have a boyfriend and I'm not dating anyone. And there are no future prospects (I've given up on Ben). I'm preparing to serve a mission now and I'll leave next August.
Happy New Year and may your new year be as wonderful and fun as mine was!
Cheers and lots of Love,
Keshia


5 Comments:
happy new year 2007!! wat kind of mission are u going on? can give details like where, how long etc?
happy new year Keshia! ur 2006 was awesome..
btw, wat's a mission, wat will u be doin and to where?
Hello Keesh! Happy New Year! So what made you finally gave up on Ben? Because both of u are going on a mission? But it's good that you're concentrating on something important. Eh..even though u are enjoying a white christmas, I still don't want to go back to Provo leh..life in California is awesome man, weather is warm man, food is great man (so many asians here w/ so much asian food); I don't even care about an ant for white christmas!!! tsk! But sian, you're going to see me in 3 days at work....
Keshia, you didn't mention that you learned to ice skate and that you were the star on ice! Happy new year1
Shiya and Koko:
I plan to serve a mission for my church starting next Aug, and it will last 18 months. My school allow me to interrupt halfway to go serve. I will be sharing the gospel of Christ with people in a certain part of the world (yet to be determined...). I'll keep all of you updated as I start to prepare!
Post a Comment
<< Home