Her fiance, Bob, proposed to her over the Christmas break... without a ring.
And the bigger sin- he didn't it romantically. Heck, he didn't even get down on one knee when he asked. Urgh! Guys can be so dense.
Well, he re-did it this past weekend (I seriously ordered him to do so on Cari's behalf) and this time he pulled a Marcus-proposal. Bob brought Cari to a restaurant (yummy!), and here's the funny part- he ordered dessert and the waitor (Bob's friend who worked there) went to get the dessert plate before they even ordered dessert. Ha ha ha!
Anyway guess what was on the dessert plate? THE BOX THAT CONTAINED THE RING!!! The ring is gorgeous (although it's too big for my liking) though. Cari just screamed and everyone looked them. Bob didn't get down on one knee, but that's because Cari told him not too- she was already embarrassed.
Speaking of marriage and proposals, I just found out that my friend whom I used to stay with in the dorms is engaged after only 3 months of courtship.
The thing that really amazed me was the fact that she was a hard core I-am-going-on-a-mission person, and now she's doing a complete about face and getting married. WOW!~ I'm happy and excited for her but it was something that I totally didn't expect from her. Actually, I don't think anyone from the dorms expected it either.
It's so interesting. Hmm... It's the right thing though. If you've found your marriage partner, junk the mission and get married. Of ocurse, the 3-month-courtship part is a bit extreme that I think even the church does NOT counsel.
Well as for me, I'm hard core mission now, and marriage is the furthest thing from my mind now. I don't even really want to date anymore. It's not because of my mission though, but more because I really am starting to dislike dating. Guys don't seem to put in much effort now and frankly, I've been single all my life that I'm really starting to like my independence. I bet even if I get a bf now, I would still need some time off from him just because I'm too used to doing things my way and my time, and I'm just too headstrong. Having a bf would be nice, but I'm in no hurry at all to obtain one.
Labels: Room-mate gossip


3 Comments:
this post is very agreeable to me. last paragraph. haha.
WHERE IS CHRISTINA????? IS SHE REPORTING TOMORROW????!!!!
Actually I have no idea. She went up to BYU-Idaho for a while but she didn't contact me at all to tell me where she is now. She enters tomorrow but I don't even knw the time. Sigh....
totally agree with the last part too! thumbs up for independent women!
Post a Comment
<< Home