Sunday, January 28, 2007

Weekends are so NOT a time of rest and rejuvenation.

Are you kidding me???

It was an exceptionally fun weekend but also an exceptionally tiring one.

Let's see...

Friday Night:

Asian Festival!
It was a great programme. I couldn't participate this year because the Singaporeans came up with an item too last minute (so typical Singaporean right? Ha ha!). They did a GREAT and hilarious job though. Whitney Checkitts told me that Singapore was his favourite item because he felt that it best represented what the entire country stood for. I thought the henna painting and costume photography were brilliant ideas too.

Scent of the Green Papayas.
A Vietnamese film that I had to watch for extra credit for Anthropology. Weird title and I have to confess I still don't get the significance of the green papayas, but that's why it's an artistic-high-class-hard-to-understand film, right? :) The film was beautiful though and I did enjoy watching it. It got out close to 11pm I was dead tired.

Saturday:

Teriyaki Stix Training Meeting
From 8 to 9.30 AM. *fainz* But I heard Subway had theirs at 6.30am. Who in the right mind would schedule a meeting at 6.30am?

Cougareat Training Meeting
From 11am to 1pm. That's 3 hours worth of meetings. ENOUGH!

Lunch with Heather Jacobsen

Homework

Singapore Association Gathering
I was surprised and happy at the turnout. The non-Singaporeans out-numbered the Singaporeans (well considering that there aren't that many Singaporeans here, I guess that's not hard to do, still the publicity com did a good job), food was great and they showed "I Not Stupid". I truly think that "I Not Stupid" is a great local film that Singaporeans should be proud of, and I bet Dawn is shuddering right now. It is a bit exaggerated but there are so many elements that represent Singapore so well. Even my ang moh friends enjoyed it.

Eric's Surprise Birthday Party
Boy was he surprised! He came in, turned on the lights, saw us sitting there and went, "Oh freak!" Ha ha ha ha! His expression was classic. Sharn did such a good job keeping this from him. Ah, the power of love...

Sunday:
Next post. Too long. And Sunday was a great way to end of this fun but tiring weekend so there's too much to write.

6 Comments:

At 1/30/2007 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Keshia, I wouldn't be switching jobs to work at Subway anytime soon! Sounds like your weekend was crazy--but fun! It's better to be busy, right?

 
At 1/30/2007 10:34 AM, Blogger rae said...

remember...ling bei!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahaha. i thought the movie was quite well done. selena (the teenage girl)'s accent made me cringe though.
but yeah, this weekend was so full that i didn't get any homework done. none at all. ugh.

 
At 1/30/2007 2:09 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

I thought Selena's accent was ok, but it was the way she talked that made me cringe. She kept putting her emphasis on the wrong words. Like "WHY do I ALways have to LISten to you" become "Why DO I alWAYS have TO lisTEN to you". Can't stand it! Very fake lor.

 
At 1/30/2007 2:10 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1/31/2007 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

clap clap keesh- u actually noticed which words she emphasised! haha how many times have YOU watched this film?!

 
At 1/31/2007 10:15 AM, Blogger rae said...

HAHHAHAAHHAHHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHAH yeah keesh good job on the accented syllables....brilliant..that's exactly how she'd talk. drove me nuts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home