My Basic Music Conducting classmates...
Are music minors and I've come to the conclusion that some, not all, but some musicians really have a huge musician's ego.
We've had to conduct in front of the class and then we will critic each other. As if people aren't nervous enough, once the teacher asks for comments/ suggestions for improvement, the hands shoot up bullet-train speed. Sometimes the teacher has to even ask the class what things the person did well, if not the poor person would have been bombarded with criticisms.
Criticism of my conducting wasn't too bad, but I've seen some other people really get ripped. And it's always the same few people who give their negative comments. The guy who sat behind me today had something negative to say about everyone who conducted today. When I got paired up with him today, I think I conducted better than him. *roll eyes* I do believe that there is some hidden huge musician's ego in these type of people.
I think peer-criticising is fine if you are NICE about it and NOT DO IT SO FAST. And don't alwasy be the same person to give your opinion- you're not graded on how well you criticise your peers you know.
I really like what I'm learning in this class though, and no we don't just wave our hands about. We learn the professional way of conducting. :)
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
About Me, America and Everything-in-between. The adventures of a blur chinese Girl trying to find her way around the gigantic US of A...
About Me

- Name: Funkee Ego
- Location: United States
A very unbashful girly "female". I love clothes and objects with floral and ribbon motifs on them. I love to read and watch everything to do with artistic things. Unfortunately, I'm pretty telantless in them. Sigh...
Previous Posts
- Mathius Zhen Yi KhongThe "Zhen Yi" is "Zhen4 Yi4" ...
- My room-mate room-mate is finally OFFICIALLY engag...
- Question for everyoneWhy would you ever want to sh...
- It's COLDER THAN FREEZING now!!!I know I keep talk...
- Ewan McGregor will always be #1 in my heart...BUT ...
- My First Week of Winter Semester 2007...Two words-...
- MTV for Singaporeans...My sister sent me this Sing...
- The time has come...To assess the Singapore Educat...
- Question for everyoneWhat's worse than the first d...
- My Couch-Potato-Sin is ending...And I can't really...


5 Comments:
your class sounds like my honours class man- every time we have a presentation (on average 2 presentations per mod) u will be up against the firing squad- no mercy shown!
and all the honours ppl are SHARKS! super scary and critical lah- but all in the name of academic rigour of course.
well the music majors have to be pretty dang good since every freakin person at BYU is musically talented in some way. but of course that doesn't give them the right to be rude and obnoxious. jerms does have a point though...all in the name of academic rigor. :D
is that rae who is the anonymous person?!
hahahah sorry yes it is me. how did you guess?? i thought i'd signed in but i guess i didnt. heh heh
cos the writing style sounds liek you. Ha ha! No kidding that each person has a unique writing stlye.
Post a Comment
<< Home