Sunday, February 04, 2007

Great great great news!!!

I'VE STARTED TO FILL OUT FORMS FOR MY MISSION PAPERS TODAY!!!

Yeah! I'm so darn excited! I talked with my bishop today and he gave me instructions on going online to register, etc. And he was so nice- he told me that he would go onto the "Bishops" database (or whatever you call it) and call Bishop Li and ask for "permission" so that I can submit in my papers. Serious. Bishop Taylor asked me what the time difference was. Hiyoh, Bishop Li sure say 'yes' one (knowing him...).

When I was talking with the Bishop, I kept smiling and smiling and smiling because I was so excited. Of course, I'm also going to face some real opposition from Satan. :(

But that's not going to faze me.

I'm excited and determined. Just a warning to all other future missionaries- there are A TON of forms to fill out.

Now, I just need to find people who can give me RIDES (darn the horrible US public transportation system) so that I can get medical and dental checkups. Sigh...

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 2/05/2007 12:37 AM, Blogger rae said...

i'm going to have an interview with my bishop next sunday to talk to him about getting the whole process started!!!!!!! :) :) :)

congrats with starting your papers. btw why do you need a car. you can get your pre mission physical at the BYU SHC. dental is another matter..but you can get your physical done at the health center.

 
At 2/05/2007 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Without my glasses, it looked like you wrote, "I'm so bleep excited", and I thought, wow--maybe your bishop should read your blog before he gives you those papers! Exciting stuff!

 
At 2/05/2007 3:34 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Rae: I need a car so that I can get to the Dentist. Su told me of a cheap one like 400 N, 100E I think. Also, I might have to go to the UT County Health dept for some shots because Su told me there are some shots there that are cheaper. The SHC will tell you which ones cheaper there.
And are you sure you want to start now? Cos there's really no need to so kiasu. I putting in May so I start now reasonable. But you going in Oct 07 right?

 
At 2/05/2007 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KEESH LAI!!!!
I STARTED YEST TOO!!
LOL. ALL OF US STARTING AT THE SAME TIME! OMG!
THIS IS SO EXCITING! LOL.

 
At 2/05/2007 5:43 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Yeah! It's going to be so funny during Woodlands Ward ward conference, cos they're gonna say how many full-time missionaries there are serving and there will be... 5!!! I bet that's a record! and more than half are SISTER missionaries. Ha ha! Me, you, Christina, Shintaro and Andrew. Not bad huh...

 
At 2/05/2007 8:51 PM, Blogger rae said...

yeah, i want to start now. i think i might have difficulties during my medical/dental tests. cuz i might need to get my wisdom teeth out...they've been problematic.

just so you know. the dentist's name is Dr. Tobler. do you know his phone number and exact address? i can get it for you tomorrow morning at work, because he's on the list of dentists that we send missionaries to.

clareese you started too??????? :) :) :) i think jay is working on hers too!!!! haha.

 
At 2/05/2007 9:39 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

Rae: that would be great if you can get the address for me! Thanks!
And I totally forgot you mihgt have some wisdom teeth problem. I don't think I would have a big problem with my teeth but then I heard that American doctors pull them out, even if there's no need- SCARY!!!

 
At 2/06/2007 11:40 PM, Blogger joycey said...

Me Me Me also putting papers in too!!!! Fun!

 
At 2/06/2007 11:42 PM, Blogger joycey said...

hmmm...maybe when my not-yet-born children aka spirits in heaven, grow up first, then me and justin put in papers...this is what i meant...hahaha!

 
At 2/06/2007 11:43 PM, Blogger joycey said...

i really think that there will be more singapore sisters going on mission lor...Vera is going too after this semester!!!

 
At 2/07/2007 3:32 PM, Blogger Funkee Ego said...

yah, not enough man. Where are the MEN?!?! Slacking? Ha ha! I know John Chan and Charles should he doing theirs soon right? Anyone knows?

 
At 2/08/2007 10:14 PM, Blogger rae said...

actually john should be getting his call any day now. and charles should be working on his pretty soon, since he just got out of NS around end jan.

 
At 2/08/2007 10:14 PM, Blogger rae said...

working on his papers i mean. (charles)

 
At 2/14/2007 11:33 AM, Blogger rae said...

Dr. Tobler, Bret/
488 N 100 E
374-0867

 

Post a Comment

<< Home